MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 17, 2021, 11:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Worst fair I ever attended :0(
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Topic: Worst fair I ever attended :0(  (Read 4065 times)
dizzybuff

Lives at insomnia central with the night owl.

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »

Goaty do you have a story of your soap at all . a think a little wall of pictures of the lifecycle of your soap could make customers more aware how much work you actually put into it .
corrie
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 09:23:59 PM »

Oh Corrie, that's made me laugh - got an image of you doing a runner with a table under one arm and stock under the other  :mwaha:
lol, it was a bit like that with Wino as my accomplice  Roll Eyes  :mwaha:
Have a look at some of the US GM soapers websites, it'll give you an idea re pricing and marketing.
Or there is a lady up in Aberdeenshire that does GM soaps.
goatysoap
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »

:mwaha: thanks Alishelly - I think it will be tied to my van lol
dizzy buff - I think that' s a really good idea. I do have a leaflet on the stall with pics of my daughter milking savannah and explaining how I became a goats milk soap maker (children had eczema so we bought goats etc...) but maybe a story board would be a plan..
I am also looking for (and don't laugh..) a lifesize goat model with working 'udder' so that people can have a go at milking (and see how hard it actually is - esp my current goat with her guinea pig sized teats lol) if nothing else , it will attract people to the stall and then I can get them talking...
thank you all so much for your postiive comments, I actually feel a bit better now  Smiley am off to persuade grumpy cockerel to go to bed, bottle feed lambs and give the goats their willow (see my customers don't realise how bonkers my evenings really are  :mwaha: )
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »

You could always just take the goat. :mwaha:

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
alishelly
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »

You could always just take the goat. :mwaha:

:mwaha: :mwaha:
goatysoap
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »

:mwaha:  crossed my mind!! if only DEFRA didn't make it so hard to do that! savannah would love it!!
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »

Can you make a video to run on a laptop (or monitor from hidden laptop) on the stall?
Esby

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 10:56:42 PM »

Sorry about the fair.  Your soaps sound very nice.  I think the man must have been joking especially since he bought 3 bars.  Maybe he was flirting with you Smiley.  With the work and ingredients that you put into your soaps, your prices are excellent!  I am sure he (the rude cutomer) knows this.  I hope you sell a ton at the next fair Smiley   
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »

Sorry to hear you had a no good fair. Hope it's much better next time.  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Cocomartinez

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

Sorry the fair was carp.  Hope the next one´s much better! :buttrf:

¨If you can´t be a good example, then you´ll just have to be a horrible warning.¨ Catherine Aird
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »

Sorry it was so rubbish for you, a lot of fairs are like that the past year. Sad

Eire

goatysoap
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »

Thank you  Smiley  am just working out some sums and will be boosting my prices accordingly. The rude customer, it turned out, kept sheep (as do we too) and he was telling me all about how lovely they are so maybe he has a softy side too. It was just when he turned to his wife and said " are these dear" and she said "yes, for soap they are...". I kept smiling sweetly and explained that these soaps are all handmade with natural ingredients etc but really wanted to say well go to the £1 shop and get 10 in a pack then!! oh and then..!! the wife said "one shower and that would be gone..."  Angry  so I did explain about soap ladders or making sure that the air can circulate at which point she said " I use a nail brush.." now that's quite a good idea I thought  Wink
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Ah that explains her reaction a bit more. Either she didn't look after her soap properly or purchased a poorly formulated bar. So maybe she perceived it to be expensive for 'soap', as that was her previous experience. They may just become good customers after using yours.

Eire

goatysoap
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »

Thanks Eire - I really like that interpretation of the situation, it makes sense (and I feel less grumpy at them now) maybe she did buy a 'dog of a soap' and my little wonders could help turn things roung (I hope!!)
they bought a coffee soap to help shift the smell of sheep from their hands (I am confident in this particular baaa of soap because it was tested by billy goat owners and billy's stink in the summer!!) as well as a fragranced one and the plain 'milkey baaa' so fingers crossed! xx
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »

...this particular baaa of soap...

:mwaha:

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: