MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 29, 2024, 11:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  I've been lurking for years...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: I've been lurking for years...  (Read 3887 times)
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »

Soaps and presentation looks gorgeous! Well done!  :buttrf:
* Eva positions herself in the queue behind Elaine

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »

wow, your soaps are gorgeous !! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for de-lurking! I am with you on the M&P soap. I love what some people do with it, it can be amazing, but I am not able to do anything remotely like it, not even if I try and copy. Mine looks like something the local nursery did. I stick to CP/HP instead.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

Welcome to our little forum :buttrf: Your soaps are beautiful so I doubt you'll have any problem making an impact :buttrf:

kevie192

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smiley

That's some mighty lovely soap you've got there. Well done! I look forward to getting to know you.

Elaine, I'm more than happy to help in anyway I can.  Feel free to message me.

Ooh thanks - not today though.

I've a puzzle which I can't solve so haven't looked at it for a few weeks.

Elaine, if you ever need any assistance with web design I'm more than happy to help too  Kiss

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 11:06:29 PM »

Elaine, if you ever need any assistance with web design I'm more than happy to help too

Thanks Kevin - it's something to do with CSS and coding.
Lissi

Cherish your skin...

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »

NOt sure but you might mean Jac - she's a member of this forum or her website is called beads and buttons (i think but you can find her site through looking up the member list on here) and her packaging is gorgeous.

Yea!  A string of beads!  Thank you so much, it was really bugging me that I couldn't find that.  I so love her packaging, really pretty! 

Gorgeous soaps, how do you do that whipped topping?

I mix to a nice thick trace before I pour (or even scoop) into the mold and then I play with the top using a stick.  I just pull the top of the soap into peaks with the stick, aiming for a sea waves kind of look.  The hardest part for me is not overdoing it which I was guilty of with my last batch & I could really kick myself now.  I currently use those little wooden coffee stirring sticks you get free from coffee shops but I've successfully used spoon handles and even my finger (gloved of course). 

Thank you all again for the lovely comments  Grin   Grin

danielle
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »

Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: