MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 30, 2024, 12:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hullo from fiveacres
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Hullo from fiveacres  (Read 3678 times)
fiveacres
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »

Hello from fiveacres
It is nice to read so many people offering support and helping each other.
I started making soap whilst disabled with a wonky pelvis. I was on maternity leave with my fourth son and needed something to occupy my time. I started with Goats Milk soap, however, when my son began to suffer from eczema, I looked for an alternative which would suit his very sensitive skin.
After more and more research I found that Asses milk has a host of beneficial properties for dry skin and even claims to combat wrinkles!
Famous for Cleopatra’s baths and widely used in the UK until the 1930’s it has gone out of favour now but the benefits remained convincing. As we already have a small herd of Equus Asinus on our small holding near the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, I substituted Goats Milk for Asses Milk and now have a wonderfully luxurious (if not difficult and expensive to make) soap. It is so indulgent that I hope I can find a niche market for this sumptuously opulent soap 

I will be visiting the Guinea piggies and Lab Rats section soon, looking for advice and guidance on refining it for the market. So if you would like to try it and would be willing to give open honest feedback then your help would be greatly appreciated. Speak to you all soon.

p.s I have never been on a forum before so apologies if I get things wrong!
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:13:28 PM »

Hello there, welcome aboard.

When you've made a few more posts you'll see more boards.

Asses Milk probably has more label appeal then Donkey Milk!

(one of our earlier members from Italy was trying it as she had a local supply)

Lovely area for your five acres!
Nicola J

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:32:06 PM »

Hello  Hi! I am new to forumming too (is that a word?!) but you will find that everyone is so supportive here you won't regret it! Asses milk soap sounds very good  :buttrf:
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »

Forgot to mention - people are going to want pics - of the donkeys if not the soap!
Lulu

Something smells nice!

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »

Hiya & welcome!  
Sorry to read about your condition and your sons eczema. I bet things can get a bit trying at times.   I am sure you will be able to find a lot of interesting info on here & we are all very friendly folks  Wink

Smile & the world smiles with you!
kevie192

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »

Hi there,

It's very nice to meet you Smiley

And yes, we all LOVE pics!!!!

If you need someone to test your soap, look no further Smiley

Kevin x

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »

Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear about the health issues.

Asses milk soap sounds lovely. I am sure that you can find a really good way of marketing that. The Cleopatra link would be perfect. (More than happy to test).

There isn't really any getting it wrong, although some typos tend to go down in history, so beware.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Scott
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »

Welcome aboard!
Donkey milk / asses milk is a wonderful ingredient apparently - I just did a range of safety assessments for a complete range of cosmetics - don't know if this applies to all milk, but apparetly donkey milk is completely sterile (according to my limited knowledge) when expressed?
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »

Picks of Equus Asinus herd required immediately

:mwaha:

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »

Hello  :buttrf:

We're all a friendly and helpful bunch here (and this was my first forum venture too when I started). Pics, of anything, we love, and there are always willing testers  Cheesy

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum.  What a journey you have had into this addiction but it sounds like you are absolutely loving it.  That soapy sounds wonderful and I think I may have to volunteer my services  Grin  (ah the things I will do in the name of research   Grin Grin Grin).

I hope you enjoy it here and I am sure you will quickly become part of the community.  I can imagine it was quite difficult to make your initial post (being new to forum'ing) but now that you have, enjoy being part of the gang  :buttrf: :buttrf:  

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
nakedtruthbeauty
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »

Hi there! Was it SPD you suffered from. I had that with my second pregnancy, awful. I still get twinges now. You fully recovered? I'm in Harrogate, so I'm guessing you're not too far away from me. It's a lovely forum here, you'll soon feel at home.  :buttrf:

Loretta

Anise & Vanilla Soap

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

We've just had a discussion about different milk soaps, some clever person will be able to point you in the right direction so you can read it, but no one mentioned asses milk! we've been waiting for you, sounds really interesting

Loretta
Barbarella
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:17 PM »

Hello Smiley

It sounds like you've put a lot of work in already  :buttrf:
corrie
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Donkey milk does sound very interesting and not a topic I beleive has been discussed before.
I've made plenty GM soaps but I'm another who will stand in line to try a donkey milk soap (actually I'll push my way to the front of the queue  Wink)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: