MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 30, 2024, 12:43:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hi from Chester
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Hi from Chester  (Read 2839 times)
electrogirl68
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »

Hello, I'm Donna and I live in Chester.  I am a total soapmaking beginner, I have made two very basic soaps so far.
BUT I think I would really like to get into it in a big way.  The thing bothering me is the rules regarding selling to the public.
Anyway, I'm off for  good look round the forum
Donna xx
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »

Welcome Donna, beginners are more than welcome!

Two things .... we love pics so can we see your start off soap? We're pic-a-holics! And the more you post, the more boards will open up for you. 

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here.   :buttrf:

electrogirl68
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »

Oooh, that was quick, hi Honey.  Hmmm, let me work out how to post pics!
bambi
Hero+ Member

Memories ... time is running so fast !

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »

Hi Donna
Welcome here !
:mwaha: ok we allow you a little more time

Bambi

My FB shop :https://apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop/store/111068128905104
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »

Hello and welcome.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
electrogirl68
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »

Oh dear. I tried but my photo was HUGE!!  Here's a link to my blog posts instead!!

http://knitsamadworld.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/soap/

http://knitsamadworld.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/lavender-tea-tree/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:10:21 PM by electrogirl68 » Logged
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »

Hi Donna and welcome. You will need to resize your pics for them to be seen properly, though thanks for posting.
The more you post, the more boards will open up for you viewing and participation. I wouldn't worry about regulatins yet as you've just started soaping. Enjoy the experience and the learning first. Welcome to the addiction. Cheesy

Eire

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »

Hello from not far over the border.

Get yourself up to 50 posts and you'll be able to see the board with legal stuff - but there is also info in Resources if you log in to the Fresholi site
Lulu

Something smells nice!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »

Hi & welcome - loads of very informative topics on here!

Smile & the world smiles with you!
electrogirl68
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

Thank you for the welcomes.  I think I'm looking too far ahead at the moment.. Undecided

I need to make more soap, starting with getting some ingredients.  So far I have made one with lard, lye, lavender and tea tree, and the other with vegetable fat (Trex), lye and ylang ylang. 

I haven't tried them yet as I am waiting for them to be ready and I have 3 more weeks to wait.  I'm a bit reluctant to make more in case I don't like the first ones, but am also keen to make more and use different ingredients! 

For those of you who don't sell, what do you do with all the soap you make?  I have a limited circle of friends and family to gift them to!  Huh?
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »

hiya and welcome !!

I love lard soap, it's so nice on the skin, shame it's not so easy to get a Safety Certificate for them and also some people are a bit put off by lard in soap (and then rush out to buy Dove, which is made with various animal fats...).

What to do with all the soap ? Use it  :mwaha: Ban all shower gel from the house and make everyone use soap in the bath and shower instead. It soon gets used up. Otherwise start planning your christmas hampers  :buttrf:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »

Hiya, welcome. You'll soon have soap on every available shelf in your house, so then you will need to start making body butters, and you'll find THEM in every handbag and drawer in the house, then you know you need to start selling!
teresa46

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »

Hello and welcome from me too  :buttrf:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »

Hi Donna and a warm welcome to the forum  Smiley

I had a look at your soaps and they look great.   That blue is stunning - really well done  :buttrf:

I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to chatting with you more around the boards

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
electrogirl68
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »

ok I have uploaded my HUGE photos to photobucket and resized them so I'll have another go at posting here!!

This was my first ever soap

and this my second

And that's it so far!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: