MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 01, 2024, 11:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Suggestion Box
| |-+  Suggestions For Site Improvement
| | |-+  Adding a `Latest Forum Entries' option
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Adding a `Latest Forum Entries' option  (Read 2932 times)
ruby rouge
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »

It's great having such a huge forum with so many categories but it seems a little confusing and a little hard work going through each one to see what people are saying. I think it would be great to have a 'Latest forum threads' option where you can browse the latest activity. I think this would encourage people to use the forums more.
abigailbalfour
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:43 AM »

I think there is one - it's how I browse forum entries. Go to the home page for the forums, then go to the bottom pf the page. Click on 'view the most recent posts' (or whatever it says) and the last 100 entries will come up. Unfortunately, this doesn't cover 24 hours of use at the moment - you have to work to keep on top of it!

Hello everyone! I'm still keeping up with what everyone's up to via this handy link! Must update as soon as I manage to take photos of the soap I've made (did batch 10 yesterday. Time is running out for Christmas presents!!!!!  Shocked )
penny71
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

Hi Rachel
you could also just pick from the sections which are of most interest to you too...and then prioritise again by subject header under that section...I tend to stick around anything and nothing, general discussion and the lotions/potions bits....plenty of time to browse the other sections and subjects
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:27:58 PM »

Hi Rachel,

As Abi said, there is the 'recent topics' option.  Believe it or not, there are some other, hidden boards that open up as your status changes from newbie to jr member and so on.  One of the difficulties is condensing the forum down as it is designed to have something for every discipline (hair, soap, lotions etc... and there are seperate areas for each of these catagories.  If it were generalised, then finding subject specific would become more difficult. 

I do know what you mean though but like Zoe says, some members have the forums that are more relevant to them & tend to stick around those, browsing the rest when they have some extra time.

You do kind of get used to navigating it when you have used it a few times.  However, at some point, there will be some changes made to the forum (it is in the plan)  Wink

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: