MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 29, 2024, 07:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hello!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Hello!  (Read 3891 times)
Jaq

« on: January 22, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

Hellooo! I'm Jaq, a lampwork beadmaker by day, dipping my toe into balms and creams. I am hoping to make something specifically for beadmakers burns or tattoo's as we call them Cheesy ( just really small burns you sometimes get when a fragment of hot glass comes your way) and also something for mild rosacea. I've learned so much from this site, and I must just add I love ordering from Helen, such fab service, and i don't just mean the products Wink

www.astringofbeads.co.uk Lampwork beads jewellery soaps balms creams & glassy stuff
www.soaphora.blogspot.com
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »

Hello Jaq.

Do you have a website for your beads - I love lampwork beads!
(and we do like pics on this forum!!)

You'll find lots of info here and on the main site so you should be able to sort out your tattoos.
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »

Welcome!!! You'll love it on here, the more you post, the more boards open to you.. and we LOVE pics too!

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »

Hello and welcome.   Did anyone mention that we like pics :mwaha:

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Jaq

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I'd noticed there are so many more boards already! I could spend all day reading I think Grin. I do have a website for my beads, not sure if I can post the link, ooh and I love taking pics too, I'll make sure I'll  posting some soon Wink

www.astringofbeads.co.uk Lampwork beads jewellery soaps balms creams & glassy stuff
corrie
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

Hi Jaq, great to have you here. Go wan, post a link for your beads  Tongue We want to see them, nosey bunch that we are. Anyway, welcome & I hope you will find the boards useful to make your balms.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »

You can put your website in your sig.

And bead pics in the Eshibition Room (Other Craft Show Orfs)
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »

Welcome  :buttrf:

You could spend all day and all  night reading here, and there's something new to learn everyday. You;ll love it here.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »

Ooh yes, it would be great to have a nose around your site - post the link (add it to your profile too  Wink

It is lovely to have you here Jaq and aw... that is so very kind of you - thank you  :buttrf:

I hope you find the boards useful and everyone is really sharing and I am sure you will really gain lots just from bashing ideas around. 

Look forward to seeing some of you beadwork  Smiley

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »

Hi Jac

I have just taken a quick look at your website.  The beads are gorgeous!!  If you start making them to fit a Pandora bracelet, I will certainly be buying. (Love the Monserrat)

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
JANE MALCOLM

just us

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 08:55:58 PM »

welcome jaq x

Rock on Tommy!
Jaq

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 08:59:04 PM »

Thankyou! I do make them for Pandora, but they are order only, ie just the same as the ones on the website ( if you see one you like or want something similar) but if you want one with the bigger hole for the pandora I can do them is what I'm trying to say lol! I'v been making them from scratch for 3 years now but I had to decide early on which bracelet system to make them compatible with so went down the troll route as they seemed to be more widely available at the time, but now there's loads of different ones!
I've stuck the web address in my profile now Smiley

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Those are really tempting beads!

I envisage purchase of earrings before too long (you maybe won't have time to make yourself some balms!!)
nakedtruthbeauty
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »

Ooh, lovely beads. Welcome, you'll soon feel at home.  :buttrf:

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »

Oh my oh my..... those are amazing!  you make them from scratch?  Wow!!  That is soooo clever.  Amazing Jac and so beautiful  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: