MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 25, 2024, 08:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  bath bomb mould from those plastic balls that you get for childrens' pools
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: bath bomb mould from those plastic balls that you get for childrens' pools  (Read 4174 times)
mirandamolenaar

« on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

Hi
My son has loads of plastic balls that are meant to go in a pool instead of water (in spring and summertime you can buy big bags full in Tescos or Asda) and they work quite well as bath bomb moulds, great way to save money, a bag of 100 is about 5 pounds and if you make big bathches with different colours/scents you could even color coordiate the balls you are using so you know what is in which mould!
nakedtruthbeauty
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »

Great tip thanks. Am I being totally stupid, but how do you get the stuff inside? Cut the balls in half? Can you tell I've never done bath bombs!  Wink

teresa46

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »

That's a brilliant idea, I use the moulds and need to replace them and £1.50+ for a pair it'll save me a fortune, thank you for that tip  Grin  Grin   
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

Sounds a really good idea, does the FO/EO react with the plastic at all?  I've moaned before about those plastic bauble moulds, EO's attack the plastic and the moulds go brittle and crack. 

Wondering if I've got any ball pool balls around to test now!

Oh yeah how do you cut them in half??  (Visions of sawing plastic balls in half with a breadknife...!)
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »

That's a great idea - I've not made bath bombs yet but plan to do so soon. Thanks for the tip  :buttrf:
mirandamolenaar

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »

I've cut them open with a pair of very sharp scissors - They didnt react (yet) but I've only used them once. I use eo. Will let you know if / when they do.

Silvergilt
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »

That is an awesome idea, I've tonnes of these and was just wondering what to do with the things.
danielle
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »

thanks thats a really cool idea
Avril

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

that is such a good tip...I make bath bombs but usually in other shapes other than balls..thanks
 :buttrf:
samantha

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »

Great idea  Smiley

Live well, Love much, Laugh often.
smith
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »

very resourceful! Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: