MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 26, 2020, 07:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Bath salt jars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Bath salt jars  (Read 3078 times)
Pinky
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:54:47 PM »

I'm making some bath salts as pressies for various people this Christmas but had no idea what I was going to package them in until......I emptied the last spoonful of coffee out of my Douwe Egberts jar (the small 100g jar)! It's totally perfect and as a total caffeine freak I know I'll have enough for everyone's salts.

I put the jar through the dishwasher and sterilised it in the, now unused, baby bottle steriliser and the smell of coffee has totally disappeared!

Emma xx
(Junior Womble)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »

How funny you should say that Emma.  I was shopping the other day and had to get coffee and thought at the time that the shapes of some of those jars are really lovely for things like bath salts etc....  GReat minds think alike  Wink

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pinky
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:13:24 PM »

So they do Idea!!!

I've noticed myself looking at all the different packaging in supermarkets and wondering what I could use it for, especially now it's getting towards christmas!!!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »

I've now got that many boxes and used packaging for moulds and such - the recycling is not getting a look in at the moment.  Problem is, where to store it all  Cheesy

Fresholi's Facebook Page
mai
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »

They would make great container candles as well
Pinky
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »

Oh good thinking Mai!!

I haven't made any candles for a while but a jar of bath salts and a container candle would make a lovely pressie....ummmmm Idea!
mai
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 01:02:59 AM »

Heavenly relax in the bath and have the scent envelope you with a candle, bliss
I just want a bath I can get into now.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 01:54:04 AM »

There are some beautiful ones with built-in powered lifting seats - but unless you can afford a few thousand to install one or are on low enough income to qualify for a full DFG it's a b*****!!

People "in the middle" always lose out.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »

Oh yeah!!!

Fresholi's Facebook Page
mai
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 11:46:55 PM »

There are some beautiful ones with built-in powered lifting seats - but unless you can afford a few thousand to install one or are on low enough income to qualify for a full DFG it's a b*****!!

People "in the middle" always lose out.

Am waiting for a grant at the moment, just waiting on landlady to agree to the adaption we need.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »

Good luck on that Mai  Smiley

Fresholi's Facebook Page
the.fee.fairy
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »

I like those hexagony shaped jars for pretty stuff. They're like the ones with the freshly caught fairies in them (must make mself a freshly caught fairy one day...)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »

Sorry Fee can I ask....  What's a freshly caught fairy?   :mwaha:

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Galaxy Girl
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

I think I've something like a freshly caught fairy on a UK craft blog (can't remember where), they decorate the jar, then make a tiny fairy/art doll and anchor it down.

Is that what you meant Fee?
lululiz
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »

that sounds so cute! Try and remember the blog, lol!

On the subject of containers for bath salts etc., I use those lovely old French preserve jars, the small ones with the big round bellies and the glass lid, sealed with those rubber thingies, tthe make is " Le Parfait ". I buy them at French vide greniers.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: