MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2024, 05:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Hi  (Read 2314 times)
Karen M

Hi
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Karen and I've caught the soap making bug!!! 

I live in Essex with husband Nick and daughter Ella and and have spent loads upon loads of hours researching and making body care products after it was suggested a year ago that making bath bombs for Christmas presents would be a fabulous idea!!!!!!

Sadly, I didnt get to make all the gifts I intended as I lost my Mum very suddenly and totally unexpectedly just before Christmas.  However, through the midst of the pain and grief I have made the decision to seize and experience to the full opportunities of which soap making and body care products is one.

I still have the day job so experiementing and putting my PIF together for assessment and certification is limited to evenings and weekends.  There seems to be so much paperwork - it seems to be taking forever!!!  The forums in Fresholi have helped so much over the past few weeks since I located the website and I am sure that I will be "bothering" you with lots of questions in the coming weeks!!!

It is great to read all your introductions - so much knowledge and experience as well as being great supports to each other.

Speak again soon......    Karen M   Cheesy
corrie
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »

Hi Karen and welcome. I am new here too, but I have been made very welcome.  I am at about the stage you are at, made lots of soaps and considering getting certificates, probably in the new year when I have time to dedicate to it.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Corrie
Edith

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »

Hi Karen lovely to have you here so sorry to hear about your mum I lost both my parents with just 6 months of each other and yes its very hard...
anyway keep up the good work and hope to chat to you soon take care Edith
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »

Hello Karen,

A very warm welcome to the forum.  I'm glad to hear that it has been useful to you over the past few weeks and I'm thrilled to bits you have decided to join us.  Goodness, last Christmas couldn't have been much fun for you, I am very sorry Karen.

There is such a mixed bag of experience here and everyone has something to offer (but I'm sure you know this already  Smiley) - its great that you are making progress with the PIP (a bit of a slog isn't it) but once its done, its done!!  Grin

Thanks again for joining us Karen, I'm sure your fresh knowledge of PIP'ing will be bait for many fisher :mwaha:

Ooh!  There are going to be some changes made to the forum over the next week, so it might be worth just having a peep at the annoucement regarding this - just to let you know  Wink

Good to have you here!!

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
afrokelt
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »

:hi:Hi and Welcome to these parts...
I am so sorry for your loss...
I got my certs recently too..and with all the paperwork, website, and other bits...I sooo relish the times I get to actually make soap!!
See you around! Cool
ladydragon
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:19:58 PM »

Hiya...

I'm a newbie on this board myself...

But it's a nice place to spend some time and full of really helpful information - so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here...

x
mai
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »

Hi Karen, Sorry to hear about your loss.

welcome to the board and the addiction,
 I used to be an Essex girl myself, am not that far away now only in Suffolk.
Every one on here is really friendly, and easy to chat to.

if you have any problems, or questions with body and bath products including soap, yell, one of us can probably help you out.

I work from home so I'm around most afternoons and evenings until late.

Mai

Karen M

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 08:18:34 AM »

Hi Mai,

Suffolk is a beautiful county.  I love Southwold...!  I am not originally from Essex but my husband is and certainly my daughter Ella is an Essex girl!  Live in a village in mid Essex which is great.

Do you sell your products in Essex?  Would love to see them.  Do you also use local suppliers as keen to minimise environmental impact and support local businesses where possible....

Karen X
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »

Hello Karen,

You'll find a great deal of info here.

I don't know Essex very well - had a three month Hospital Practice (placement) in Romford in the 1960s (not the best part of Essex I think) and last year we had a long weekend, staying at a pub in Thaxted and going to the show at Barleylands, apart from the steam, tractors and horses there was a good craft section - both outside and in marquee, plus the permanent workshops on site (goodly glass) - not much soap though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: