MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
May 30, 2020, 07:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326819 Posts in 22243 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Swaps, Trades & For Sale
| |-+  Things for Sale & Special Members Offers!
| | |-+  incense sticks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: incense sticks  (Read 2361 times)
Edith

« on: October 23, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

Just wondered if any of you made them? I bought some from Hove temptations and they were lovely didn't smell cheap and nasty like some shop bought ones I have had... now that sounds snobby but you know what I mean..I don't use air fresheners just oil burners and incense sticks every day so just thought Id ask as I believe in supporting local businesses Wink no worries if no one does on here I will look around
how does your candles work Emma are they gorgeous and yummy smelling? you could sway me into buying some from ya  Wink
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »

I know that mai does aroma beads??  I don't know what's happened to Andrea though (TH) her link doesn't work (tried direct too & emailed) and she's not been around for a while.  I hope she's ok.  Anyone heard from her??

I do remember seeing somewhere how to make them.  I'll have to do some digging  Wink

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Edith

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »

thanks chuck Wink
the.fee.fairy
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »

I've seen 'blanks' somewhere - you add your own oil to them. can't remember where though  Undecided
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

This is what I was thinking.  I know, I'm sure I've seen them just can't think where.  This could be interesting to find some resources on this  Wink

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
mai
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »

i make incense sticks as well totally fresh and the best you will get or so my customers tell me,
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:24:04 AM by Mai » Logged
Edith

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »

Ooh Mia are they are your website? will pop off and have a look in a little while
thanks everybody Wink
Edith

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

Mia I have just ordered a few packs for now and I have to say I love your website I can feel an order coming on very soon :mwaha:anyway must dash just popped in x
emmag
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »

Hi Edith... sorry for the delay

You pop a tart in the top of your oil burner and light a plain tea light underneath... i burn my burner for 2-3 hrs a day and the fragrance lasts around 10 days. Then you dig it out with a spoon when its gone hard and you pop another one in!

Also the soy tarts dont get hot - you can dip your finger in a melted one and it is just warm to touch - but i dont recommend it. LOL  Spills clean up with soap and water too though i dont recommend moving a burner while its still warm lol

mai
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

Mia I have just ordered a few packs for now and I have to say I love your website I can feel an order coming on very soon :mwaha:anyway must dash just popped in x

i've just seen it, will start them tomorrow if ok, having to have a in bed days my legs are playing up over did it yesterday.

and thanks the new gift boxes should be up by the end of the weekend as well.
mai
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 05:06:09 PM »

Hi Edith... sorry for the delay

You pop a tart in the top of your oil burner and light a plain tea light underneath... i burn my burner for 2-3 hrs a day and the fragrance lasts around 10 days. Then you dig it out with a spoon when its gone hard and you pop another one in!
javascript:replaceText(' Cool', document.forms.postmodify.message);
Cool
Also the soy tarts dont get hot - you can dip your finger in a melted one and it is just warm to touch - but i dont recommend it. LOL  Spills clean up with soap and water too though i dont recommend moving a burner while its still warm lol

what are the tarts made off, i'm a sucker for hot wax, can't resist dipping candle wax over my arms, oops to much info
emmag
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »

Ecosoya Mai - special GM free, no pesticides, no herbicides - soyabean!
Edith

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

Mai no worries just do them when your ready honestly..don't know how you pack so much into your day considering your not in the best of health sorry don't want that to sound patronising ;)my sister has been seeing neurologists etc for the past year as she thinks she may have ms but can't get a diagnosis but I have told her not to give up she is still having ongoing tests..there are days that she cannot move her legs and arms apart from other things ...anyway thanks there is no urgent rush
Emma your candles look and sound very nice I think I might get some very soon for me,me,me and xmas pressies Wink
emmag
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »

Hi Edith - I have plenty of scents in stock so no worries... if there are any you especially wanted there is around a 3 week wait at the moment to get the fragrances.

I'm doing Mai's order right now and I am addicted to the Black Rasp and Vanilla... and the Black Magic is divine too...   I love it when customers order a new fragrance that I havent tried yet!

Now then back to incense sticks - i wouldnt mind having a go myself actually as my wholesale customers would def be interested.
emmag
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »

What is Mai's website addy?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: