MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 23, 2020, 09:59:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Plastic bags
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Plastic bags  (Read 4255 times)
JGorse
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »

I really should get out more.  This is what I did today with 2 carrier bags  :mwaha:

* Copy of DSCF1032.JPG (42.5 KB, 448x336 - viewed 369 times.)

* Copy of DSCF1032.JPG_thumb (58.1 KB, 200x150 - viewed 163 times.)

* Copy of DSCF1036.JPG (55.44 KB, 448x336 - viewed 353 times.)

* Copy of DSCF1036.JPG_thumb (67.81 KB, 200x150 - viewed 164 times.)
Beastargazer

It's a dogs life

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »

JJ - did I understand your post right, you made those flowers out of plastic bags?Huh???
JGorse
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »

Yep B  Smiley

I made "plarn" (plastic yarn) and crocheted them.  I really do need to get out more.....  Roll Eyes
sam1602
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »

They good great JoJo.  I wouldn't have known they were made out of plastic bags if you hadn't of said.  And they are sooooooo much better than my attempt at crochet.  That was a rather pathetic experiment which i say not be re-trying!!!
Beastargazer

It's a dogs life

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »

OMG - JJ they are fabulous, I am totally gobsmacked, that is so flippin' clever, they look great. Do you have to melt the bags somehow, I have never seen anything like that, lol. Think I need to get out more, dunno about you.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »

I CANNOT believe they are plaggy bags!!!   Shocked  How?  I can't get over that

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »

Ta Smiley

Crochet isn't difficult, honest.  I think that's why I like it - you can do complicated-looking stuff with even the basic stitches.  I've still got a lot to learn but I find it quite relaxing.

I just make a long length of "yarn" by cutting the bags into strips and then use it like I would any other yarn.  It does make your fingers ache though 'cos it's quite hard to work.

These can either be used as a decoration for a plain bag or as a brooch.  (Well, when I've found some brooch pins and sewn them on  Roll Eyes )

If you want a laugh, have a peek at my blog.  I get easily bored so I've done some "diabolical doilies" and they're truly hideous  :mwaha:  More interesting than keep on doing plain cream/white ones, but pretty painful on the eyes.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 07:09:03 PM »

You can make substantial beach/shopping bags knitting with plarn.
JGorse
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »

I did that EJ - got the gauge wrong though and ended up with a toilet bag  :mwaha:
Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »

JJ actually more people should stay in if they would come up with great ideas of what to do with plastic bags, it's so great, i hate plastic carriers as they wont rot and i never know where to take it for recycling. This is really creative.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
JGorse
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »

Thanks Y.  I hate the things too.  Brighton council used to recycle them but they don't any more - we have to separate our recycling by putting glass into carrier bags and they then chuck the bags back in the box (if they can be bothered).
Beastargazer

It's a dogs life

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »

They would look lovely fixed to small gift boxes of soap, on the lid somehow. A beautiful finishing touch.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »

How about making a hat JJ - I'm sure you could come up with something stylish.
JGorse
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »

They're a bit big for little boxes B - the biggest one is as big as the palm of my hand.

Strange you should say that EJ, they was a Dutch guy in Portugal wearing a hat made from recycled bags that he'd bought in South Africa!
Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »

i was going to say i remember something like that  from growing up, the Hat, we also had a mat that seemed to have been made from plastic bag yarns but there  were roundish rather than flatish.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: