MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 20, 2024, 01:45:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  I'm Looking For A Maker Of...
| |-+  Customers Requests
| | |-+  Baby Eczema
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: Baby Eczema  (Read 6049 times)
danielle
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

Hi Emerald,

I'm always late on the scene, but if your still looking for options I have a couple.  Most definitely with babies adding a herbal infusion to there bath is a good way to go.  Calendula & chickweed are particular favourites of mine to add to a bath. When my daughter was little she had eczema & we would make up a big batch on the stove & divy the infusion up into ice cube trays & add 1-3 cubes (depending on size of bath) when needed.  I know a companywww.earthboundorganics.co.uk that makes beautiful creams which are pure & medicinal.  Of there range I feel the BABY CREAM (chamomile & calendula) or the CHICKWEED & CALENDULA would help a great deal.
But there are many reasons to why people have skin conditions.  Internal/external allergies, babies livers & digestive systems arent fully developed. so the skin being the largest organ in the body does its job and eliminates.  Also if the babies digestive system (bowel flora) has been disrupted eg: mum having antibiotics whilst pregnant &/or child having them, there is a good chance skin issues will follow.
Anyway hope this is of some help & that your grandaughter is getting some relief. She is lucky to have a nanna like you :buttrf:

andykim
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »

I suffered with very bad Eczema until I was 40 & Little S was born with it but we both use only natural creams balms soaps etc and I also use Homeopathy which cleared Little S up within a month.
sarahlf
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:58 PM »

I would second Barbara's products - gets rave reviews and she uses them on her son who suffers from excema.
lynne

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »

My youngest son had a small patch just below both his eyes.  I was told to get an evening primrose oil capsule and break it open and put it below his eyes, it is supposed to work because of the GLA.  I must admit I did not try it because it was below his eyes anywhere else I would have done.  Instead I got some cream from the doctors.  He is now a teenager and has now grown out of it, but I have still to be very careful with suncream and he can only use organic chemical free (as much as possible).

Sorry this was not much help.

Smiley
Emerald

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »

Thank you Lynne, Akua, Sarah, Chicken lady and Danielle for your help. It really is appreciated! Akua, I thought about shea butter but didn't know that much about it. Do I use it as it comes and can you tell me what the oats do to help eczema and how much i should use in the bath? Soz for so many questions Huh? :mwaha:
Thanks again to you all!

Tus maith leath na oibre....A good start is half the work...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: