MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
September 23, 2019, 01:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326693 Posts in 22226 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Guests - What's Here....
| | |-+  Effa Allergen calculator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Effa Allergen calculator  (Read 19760 times)
Kestrel
Administrator

« on: January 25, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »

In the link below is an Effa allergen calculator for essential oils in excel format which may prove useful to assist anyone trying to work out allergen content in their product.

Obviously, no warranty or responsibility is given for its use, but in any case, you are free to use it to assist your product development / experimentation.

http://www.fresholi.co.uk/sparrow/EFFA-Potential_allergens_in_essential_oils_2008_PLANNER.xls

A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle.
Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:28:15 AM »

Kes is this different from the other one? it doesn't look like it but maybe i'm missing something.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
Kestrel
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:42:32 AM »

No it's the same one, but I put it on a public board.

Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

okay, thanks i will delete second download then.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »

In the link below is an Effa allergen calculator for essential oils in excel format which may prove useful to assist anyone trying to work out allergen content in their product.

Obviously, no warranty or responsibility is given for its use, but in any case, you are free to use it to assist your product development / experimentation.

http://www.fresholi.co.uk/sparrow/EFFA-Potential_allergens_in_essential_oils_2008_PLANNER.xls

Kestra, I'm finding this resource an excellent tool - I need to ask you something though.

I've posted it somewhere else and I think it got lost.

What does the 'warning' mean when it shows up on the right hand side table? And what PSA means too?

Many thanks for your help with these!
Kestrel
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »

Sorry, must have missed your question.

The PSA levels were in the original data sheet from Effra that I modified to simplify calculation.
I expected they meant something to someone, but not me.

This question has come up before, and by googling I couldn't find any references.

Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:21:55 AM »

Thanks for letting me know anyway - if I ever find about it, I'll share!  Cheesy
nakedtruthbeauty
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 05:22:28 PM »

Bumping for Farmhand  :buttrf:

farmhand

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »

Bumping for Farmhand  :buttrf:

I dont understand this!   There are no EO names here. Am I missing something?
Excuse my ignorance.
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »

Click across to the tabs at the bottom, the allergens in EOs should be listed there.. use the calculator to work out the % of allergan based on your % use of your EOs.  Sort into %, higher to lower and list according to your formulation, depending on the %. 

Carmensoap

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 01:00:57 PM »

omg how cool is this! i was always wondering how to do this when using adding than 1 essential oil! but shouldn't this be updated somehow? i remember reading about rules that change every year  Huh? sorry if i sound dumb...
Mona
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »

Hi, this is most helpful!! but in the lime green cell with the proportion of oil%, if its 3% I take it I just put 0.03 in there then, am I right? thanks Nia.
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

I just put 3.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Mona
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »

And if its 1% ( % of E/O in final product) you would put 1 in the green cell??
Mona
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

What do you suggest I do for blends I have more than 5 essential oils in?? could I do 5 and take note of the allergens of those, then do the other, say 3 afterwards and take note of the allergens of these ? or would this not give correct total allergen?? somehow I don't think they would. What is the best way to calculate if I have 7 essential oils (without having to calculate them all longhand  Shocked )
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: