MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 26, 2024, 04:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Brighton Marina Christmas Fair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Topic: Brighton Marina Christmas Fair  (Read 6540 times)
JGorse
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 11:13:19 PM »

WooHoo!  By George, I think she's got it!
 Happy Bounce
michaela

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »

Eureeka!! the blonde comprende, you cheeky woman :mwaha:

http://rosecottagebalmsandsoap.blogspot.com/    http://www.rosecottagebalmsandsoap.co.uk/
corrie
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »

Glad I'm not trying to find you JJ, sounds tres complicated.
Hope things pick up the next few weekends  Smiley
JGorse
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »

Finally got through then M  :mwaha:

C, the odd thing is that the marina isn't exactly a big place!  That's what's so annoying about it  Angry
michaela

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:41 AM »

maybe my brain isnt such a big place either big hug tumbleweed

http://rosecottagebalmsandsoap.blogspot.com/    http://www.rosecottagebalmsandsoap.co.uk/
JGorse
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »

Nor mine.  We should get on well  :mwaha:
JGorse
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »

Well, we survived another weekend at the marina.  Good grief you've got to have eyes in the back of your head, and very strong legs & back for all the standing around!  Hats off to those who do this regularly.  It was a lot busier this weekend but there seems to be a lot of mooching about and not much buying going on  Undecided

I have to say, Danielle has been an absolute poppet to me the past couple of weeks - she's given me some pointers on displaying things, and bless her has had some of my wax melts on her stall and has been doing the hard sell for me.  So Danielle, if you're not unconscious yet
 big hug
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

Aw....  Good when you can support each other isn't it?  Well done to you both.  Is there another week left still?

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
keillys
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »

Has it been a better weekend? I saw on the news this weekend was supposed to be the busiest of the year - where did they get that from?? :mwaha:
JGorse
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

We've got another 2 weekends to go yet H.

I'm really grateful to Danielle - this is the first time I've done anything like this so it's lovely to have some support.

I made enough to cover the cost of the stall (more than last week!), but quite a few people have asked for and taken cards for the shop so I suppose that's a good thing.  Free advertising & all that.

Don't know where they got the busiest bit from K - it's yet to happen at the marina  Grin
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »

How did it go today JJ?

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 12:10:57 AM »

'kin awful, ta for asking H  :mwaha:

Severe gales, heavy rain & waves crashing over the marina wall didn't really help.  Apparently Santa disappeared & was spotted lurking somewhere trying to get warm, and they couldn't inflate the bouncy snowman 'cos of the gales.  I took a whopping £17 today - still £33 short of the money for the stall.  Forecast is better for tomorrow but who knows?  Ho hum.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 10:13:24 AM »

big hug

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »

WooHoo!  it's over!

Four weekends of sheer, unadulterated......errr, errr, standing up  Grin

I managed to finally make enough to cover the costs of being there, but for me other than a great learning experience, it wasn't financially worth it.  Shame really.  Brighton Marina has gone downhill recently - most of the shops are empty now so there's nothing to draw people in, and the whole place is quite soul-less to me.

On the plus side, quite a few people took cards for the shop, and asked me for directions so you never know.  I suppose when you look at it, from an advertising point of view, it cost the same to be down there for the 4 weekends as it does for one little advert in the local papers.

Danielle was a star, not only with advice but for selling some wax melts for me, and overall I think she did quite well, so good for her because she certainly puts the time & effort in.  My only complaint about her is that the woman never sits still and at times made the rest of us look very lazy  :mwaha:  I did learn yesterday however, that I can crochet standing up and whilst talking  Roll Eyes

My bottom is now safely tucked up on my settee, and shan't be moving very far for a while.
corrie
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »

Well done JoJo for persevering with the fair. Hope some good comes from it, whether it be business for the shop or a boot up the butt to get your soaping off the ground. Well done, all that standing can't have been easy  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: