MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 30, 2024, 12:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Dublin events:festival of world cultures...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Dublin events:festival of world cultures...  (Read 2398 times)
afrokelt
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

For anyone who is around Dublin later this month....the festival of world cultures is on the weekend of the 22nd of August and yours trully will be presenting a soapmaking workshop! Full event details here:
http://www.festivalofworldcultures.com/

It is usually a great weekend....here's hoping the weather is good!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

That sounds great AK.  Will you be able to get some pics taken do you think (of your stall etc....)?  It would be great!!  Good luck with that  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
lululiz
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »

Have a great time, it sounds terrific! What are you going to do in the workshop? M&P, CP? And is it for adults or youngsters?

And yes, it would be lovely to see pics, wouldn't it, Helen with the Horns, tehehehe. Look everybody, Helen, with real proper horns!
Suegardner
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:08:51 PM »

Helen I nearly fell off my chair!!!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »

angel   Grin

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
penny71
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »

Enjoy AK! havn't connected with you for sooooooo long! and yes lots of piccies...be you havn't got horns like our H and LLL (she hides them nowadays) ey! :mwaha:
afrokelt
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

Sorry for late reply...I kept getting kicked off when I tried to post yesterday...maybe it was the universe telling me not to doss!!
Workshop is for from teens upwards, I am hoping it will be mostly adults...It will be CP..I was asked what I needed and I said basically a space with a sink, ventilation...and space. Pics...definitely!! I 've mandated DP to do the photography and will be giving him strict instructions! No stall as I won't be selling stuff...just making them...don't think I could handle a stall...
ZOE...It's been a while alright...with you doing your disappearing acts and me being AWOL for so long...I do kinda have horns now though...loced my hair Grin
penny71
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »

No way...Rasta Gal!
Nice to see your piccies then! Soap Making and Locs and all! :buttrf: :buttrf:
Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »

The wind of change blows me to monaghan for a few weeks so i would like to try (tackle 2 drive very early in the morning) and make  the workshop. The fee is very pocket friendly and it would be a great opportunity to venture into real soap making a si have so far not dared venturing into real soap making.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
afrokelt
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »

chica,
 Did you make it to the workshop? If you did...you shd 've introduced yourself...didn't see this message else, would ve asked if there was a "chica" in the house!!
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:19 PM »

How did it go AK?
Ɛyɔn :-)
senior
Hero+ Member

what we are all thinking but too polite to say

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 03:17:13 AM »

Sorry afrokelt, i couldn't make it as monaghan is 2 hours drive away and the weather made it difficult for me to get out of bed early most days. i had planned to introduce myself had i made it.

If you want to walk fast walk alone, if you want to walk far walk with others.
afrokelt
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »

That's our irish weather...it rained on the day of the festival....most of the afternoon so we left after a while as kids were getting cranky!
The workshops were indoors though, so those went okay EJ...I've got some interest in more so that's good. Smiley
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »

That's good AK
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: