MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 26, 2020, 08:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Fruit Boxes & Fairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Fruit Boxes & Fairs  (Read 2358 times)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« on: June 28, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »

I was just thinking (yep, it did hurt  Wink)  Would those boxes in supermarkets that they use to store/display the fruit in (such as apples) be useful for craft fairs?  They could decorated up or even just used for transporting stuff about.  They just get recycled so might be worth slipping one in your basket from the empty box trollies they have, accidently on purpose  whistle  I know my local co-op have those sorts of boxes at the end of the checkouts.  Just an idea.   Smiley

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »

Cunning plan H. 

PS How's the headache?
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »

Argh!   Cry  Thanks for asking  :buttrf:

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »

Get gone for an early night then  big hug
purplesparkle
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »

That's a good idea Helen, I'm always after storage. In my local supermarket they really don't like you taking a plastic bag now, which is fine by me, I just usually forget to take my reuseable bags!  Argh!  But they do have an assortment of boxes at each checkout which I think is a really good idea!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:07:18 PM »

It was you mentioning the fair that made me think of it.  Those fruit boxes have really strong sides and are designed to stack.  I thought that they could be either decorated or a nice cloth draped over (edges tucked under) and the goods displayed in them??  I don't think supermarkets mind you recycling things like the boxes. 

Thanks JJ, I will in a bit  Wink

Fresholi's Facebook Page
ruth
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 10:30:41 PM »

A bit OT but I get them for the Kitties. They love playing in them. Just be careful if they are highly coloured cause if they get damp at all the dye comes off. Guess how I know that ----Yes, a kitty with a green mouth. OMG I thought he had caught the lurgy !!!!

Ruth
andykim
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 08:05:35 PM »

I love the little wooden ones that the Clementine come in at Xmas in Lidls. I have 5 of those and the soaps look lovely displayed in them.
Just done well at our Motor home rally. Sold lots & it will be a regular place for me to sell.
Also did well at the school fair even though it was only a little summer fair.
Kim
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »

Happy Bounce  Yay!!!  Well done Kim  troll dance  Grin

Fresholi's Facebook Page
lululiz
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »

ooh, I like the idea of the wooden fruit crates, I can imagine that they really would look very nice with goodies.
JGorse
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

Well done Kim.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »

Good news Kim - what about the special soap for Vic?
andykim
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »

I am going to work on that this week along with a special soap for our local health food shop.
Thanks Kim
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »

I've been meaning to come back to this for a while now.  A couple of days after I originally started the thread, Tescos began leaving these types of boxes at the ends of the tills (giving them away to pack shopping in).  I noticed the other day that there are some with a kind of sloping sides, obviously for displaying the contents - even better I thought  Wink  Nice draped in some lovely material (you would never know they were cardboard fruit boxes  Wink

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: