MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2024, 04:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Hello  (Read 2258 times)
fae80

« on: November 03, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »

Hi all,
I am brand new to cosmetics/soaps/perfume etc, but not to fragrances!
I have just recently closed down my candles/melts business due to the fact i was spending hours and hours working from home, and just not getting the money to make it worth while.
However i am missing being creative, i did spend 4 years on the candles (only 3 selling), so i have been thinking of other things maybe i could do alongside candles and melts.
Anyway i have also been thinking of things i could make my family for xmas, not to save pennies, but to give me something to do at the moment, and i thought about perfume? but not as easy as i thought!
My mum loves perfumes and spends a fortune on them, and i just thought 'i bet i could make better ones, at less cost'
So the past few weeks i have spent on google, and am baffled and overwhelmed with all the info, so im glad to have found this forum, my plan is to spend the next few weeks researching, how to make perfumes, regulations etc, then decide if it is actually achievable from my kitchen at home. Then maybe after xmas buy some supplies to play with, come back to you all with thousands of questions, then spend a few months getting assessments, working on a brand and then hopefully by next September when my little boy is in school full time, think about selling if im ready?
I don't want to rush into it, i did that with the candles and melts, offered tons of fragrances, got overwhelmed trying to keep everyone happy, spent weeks on clp for each fragrance, then got to the point of loosing my passion because i had no time to test new products.
Hopefully this new plan will work out, and I can spend the next few months enjoying the fragrance world, and maybe learn a new skill to accompany candles.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »

Hello and welcome,

Lots of info on various boards - but you may have to dig back a few years - there's also info available via the shop site.

Have fun creating perfumes.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »

Hello and a very warm welcome.  What a lovely intro!   :buttrf:

Like EJ said, there is info on the forum (and on the main site - if you are registered there's a bit more to see when you are logged in).  There are some boards on here that you can't see at the moment too, but the more you post, the more boards will open up to you.

Glad you have joined us  Smiley Smiley

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
fae80

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:22:20 PM »

thankyou for the welcome, i have registered, i shall spend the next few weeks reading, there is alot lol, but it is very good fun x
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 09:28:15 PM »

Smiley :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

Hi and welcome fae!  :buttrf:
Be aware we love and demand pics of old and new creations/experiments/mishaps. Smiley Grin

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of information here, and also some good books about. Karen Gilbert's book The Art of Perfume would be a good place to start.

And Eva gets upset if there are no photos.  Grin

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »

:mwaha: @ Suzanne

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
fae80

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome, i'm really looking forward to this new venture!
i promise i will put pictures on when i have had a go at something  Wink
Suzanne thank you for the book recommendation, i shall get that, i have got Sally Hornsey's make your own perfume but i'm only halfway through it at the moment. I do like to read a few books though because things just click better when reading others.
I still haven't managed to read through all of this forum yet, there is so much lol. my next step is to read more then take a plunge and get some supplies to play! x
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 12:33:17 AM »

Hello fae Smiley nice to have you here, it's been fairly quiet in Fresholi-Land for the past few months so it's always good to see a new face. Pics of anything you make are mandatory Tongue

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »

belated welcome from me  Hi!
FionaS

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 10:14:52 PM »

Belated hello from me.  There are a couple of good books by Mandy Aftel on making perfume.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: