MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 25, 2024, 01:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Average Stall Sizes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Average Stall Sizes  (Read 7055 times)
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »

Tables provided at craft fairs tend to be 2' 6" front to back and either 6 or 8 feet long - you book 1 or more depending on how much stock you have.

Traditional market stalls are 8' x 4' (or some metric are 2metres x 4metres) - there are some slightly shorter but not often seen.

There's a big difference in the area to fill and it can be a bit of a shock if you attend one after being used to the other.

Then there are some events where there's a real mishmash of tables and you don't really know what you'll have until you arrive - some charity events in hotel dining rooms can be like this and you might even find yourself on a circular table!
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

Tell me about it, I just did 3 events in a row (pics to follow, promise) and all 3 times we had different size tables.

They were pamper evenings in church halls and schools and each time the organizer said table size is "the average school table". I have since realized, there is no such thing  :mwaha:

I have no idea what exact sizes they were, but we managed to set them up each time, so we were ok. We had different stock with us each time anyway, so it wasn't too bad. Those school tables can be quite wobbly though, wonder what the rest of the year will bring...

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Edith

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:02:54 PM »

Thanks girls very useful to know all of this :buttrf: :buttrf:
goatysoap
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »

this is very useful. I was about to buy my own tables for when I really start attending events but maybe I don't need to?  perhaps just a nicely covered paste table for in case then.
Littleswift
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »

Our market stall at Spitalfields is 1m by 2m. We have no trouble filling it!
Ugony1966
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »

My stall in Winchester is 3m x 3m and you supply your own tables.
littleheartdesigns

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

I so know what you mean, I have done many craft fairs over the years for my assorted art work/crafts and every time its a blooming different size/shape table and sometimes you get put in bad places too..

Edith I just checked out your website, you have lovely stuff and your handmade packaging is really pretty too, you must spend a lot of time on it  :buttrf:

blonde and dangerous Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: