MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
March 29, 2024, 06:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  New Regulations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: New Regulations  (Read 5378 times)
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

OK, just a thought....how do we deal with US FO's MSDS and allergen decs, as we've never needed them before, and quite a few of my canlde fragrnaces are US oils. WIth the UK oils, obviously we have the MSDS and allergen data, so no problems with those.

squeakyclean

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

As I understand it, you can provide a leaflet. It can be at point of sale and does not have to be on the candle. Now I'm on a box hunt!

Sorry but I don't think that is the case, the label needs to be firmly attached to the packaging according to 3.1 of the CLP document
http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13562/clp_labelling_en.pdf

Guidance on labelling and packaging in accordance with the CLP Regulation

3. PRINCIPAL REQUIREMENTS OF LABELLING AND
PACKAGING IN ACCORDANCE WI
TH THE CLP REGULATION
3.1 General labelling rules
General and specific rules regarding the content and application of a CLP label are set out in
CLP Title III, Chapters 1 and 2, respectively. 
As a general rule, CLP requires labels to be firmly affixed to one or more surfaces of the
packaging immediately containing the substance or mixture and that they shall be readable
horizontally when the package is set down normally, see CLP Article 31(1). The label elements
themselves, in particular the hazard pictograms,
 shall stand out clearly from the background,
see CLP Article 31(2) and (3). Furthermore, all label elements shall be of such size and spacing
as to be easily read. A physical label is not
required when the label elements are shown clearly
on the packaging itself, see CLP Article 31(5).

I think it would be ok on the outer box though perhaps, maybe... who knows  Huh?
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »

This is what TS said "This standard specifies the format and content of product warning labels for indoor candles. The standard requires that all information supplied with a candle is presented in a clear format on the product and should be easily and non-verbally comprehensive. Such warnings may be on the product or packaging itself or available as a separate leaflet if appropriate."

All as clear as mud then!

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »

The regs do say

"Small packaging exemptions

CLP provides certain exemptions for substances and mixtures contained in packaging that is small (typically less than 125ml) or is otherwise difficult to label. The exemptions allow the supplier to omit the hazard and/or precautionary statements or the pictograms from the label elements normally required under CLP."

My largest candle is 30cl. Please tell me that means I don't have to put the exploding fish on my small candles.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:30:53 AM by Suzanne » Logged

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

It looks that way doesn't it?  I am not familiar with any of this and can't offer anything but I do now have this image of an exploding fish stuck in my mind.  That'll make for pleasant dreams tonight  :mwaha:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 09:05:09 PM »

It is worse than the cosmetics regulations. At least then we had Scoot to point us in the right direction. With this, everyone is running in circles not understanding anything.

(And at least I didn't say the exploding fish was on me smalls) :mwaha:

Henry Ward Beecher
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 06:24:06 AM »

(And at least I didn't say the exploding fish was on me smalls) :mwaha:

Egad!!

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
squeakyclean

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »

I think if we treat them the same way as we would a cosmetic product, i.e. same type of labelling etc, we can't go far wrong. Then just keep an eye on what others are doing and follow suit. There is a 2 year grace period, so it gives us of plenty of time to get our heads round it because I can't imagine them taking action on anyone during that 2 year transition Smiley
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »

I think there is a 2 year grace period for product made and in stock before the regulations come in to place rather than made after, but in the 2 year period, but I could be wrong.

Henry Ward Beecher
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »

sorry haven't had time to read the regs yet busy patch at work and have a friend staying, but following the discussion and hopeful can contribute later

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »

I think there is a 2 year grace period for product made and in stock before the regulations come in to place rather than made after, but in the 2 year period, but I could be wrong.

Devious of me to think this, but how would they know when the candles were made? It's not mandatory to keep batch logs for candles Smiley Easy to say that the candles were made before the regs.

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 09:27:19 PM »

That thought has already crossed my mind.

Henry Ward Beecher
squeakyclean

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »

mine too  :mwaha:
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

also mine

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »

Devious of me to think this, but how would they know when the candles were made? It's not mandatory to keep batch logs for candles Smiley Easy to say that the candles were made before the regs.

Pretty much what my TS said this afternoon!

Henry Ward Beecher
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: