MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 19, 2021, 04:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Introduction and some advice please.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Introduction and some advice please.  (Read 1440 times)
NoQualms

« on: December 27, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »

Hi, I'm looking into a small business making natural cosmetics.
I just wondered if anyone has any experience of getting a safety assessment for bath teas.  Looking at the permitted ingredients on Scott's site, it looks like I could only include a maximum of 10% botanicals in a bath product.  The tea would however be massively diluted in the bath water and I only intend to use food quality ingredients.  I don't want to spend time formulating something that won't be allowed.  Obviously, I could ask them but I don't want to bombard them with daft questions, so I thought I would ask here first. TIA.
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I can't help, but Scott is used to daft questions so I am sure he will answer you. Someone else may come along with the answer.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 01:24:37 PM »

Hello!!!!!  A warm welcome to the forum.

I am really sorry that I can't help you with your question, but like Suzanne said, Scott is probably the best person to put you right. 

It's really nice to have you here  Smiley

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Best to ask Scott re Bath Tea ingredients as I would expect such a product to be comprised of botanicalsin the main.
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »

Hello and welcome :buttrf:
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »

hi and welcome, sorry I can't be of much help
squeakyclean

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 02:30:52 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum Smiley

I had considered making bath teas too until I looked Scotts list of permitted ingredients and until I realised that I would need to purchase different assessments for teas, salts and bombs, so I have decided to combine the bath salt and bath tea idea, so effectively herbal bath salt tea bags. Yes it would probably mean I wouldn't be using as much herb as I would have liked but I preferred to do that than drop the idea entirely. Let us know how you get on anyway Smiley
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »

Hi,  nice to meet you Smiley

Best idea would probably be to come up with a very rough formula and then ask Scott his advice re how to apply for an assessment that may cover several alternatives.

Have you made other cosmetics already?
ELEMENTS

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 08:48:29 PM »

If you have any queries about cosmetic ingredients and permitted levels in products, feel free to contact me.  Just because an ingredient is not on a permitted list does not mean it can't be used in cosmetic products.  If you can send the proposed formulation or ingredients you wish to use that would be a great help.

You can submit the query here.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:24:05 AM by Lindy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: