MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 20, 2024, 12:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Do I need a separate assessment to cover felted soaps,
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Do I need a separate assessment to cover felted soaps,  (Read 3098 times)
soaplady

« on: December 08, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »

Hello again,

I was a member of this forum quite a while ago, and then, due to my hwusband losing his job I had to stop making soap and start earning money. Anyway, he has gone and lost his job again so we are trying self employment out for a while, selling hand made soaps and bought in candles and housewares on a market stall. A little terrifying but very exciting as well.

So, I have a question, my soaps have been passed by Scott as good to go, will I  be able to felt them without a further assessment or must I pay for another assessment. 
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »

Hello again!!  I am sorry you have had such ups and downs.  Let's hope that is all behind you and it is all positive from here on in  Smiley

I am not too sure, but it might be worth just checking with Scott for a definitive answer (unless someone here has experience)

Good to see you here  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »

Everything you use must be in your SA, otherwise it isn't covered. If it isn't in your SA, email Scott to have it added in.
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

how is felting different from wrapping? I know it stays on, but is just like using a washcloth wrapped around the soap, no? I can't see how it would need to be added to an SA, but I stand to be corrected Smiley

Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

how is felting different from wrapping? I know it stays on, but is just like using a washcloth wrapped around the soap, no? I can't see how it would need to be added to an SA, but I stand to be corrected Smiley
I was thinking the same. And it's not staying on the skin and such.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »

I am with the others. Felt would be classed as the wrapping I would think. If not, are we allowed to sell a face cloth?

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »

That's what I would have thought too - but it's easy to get this regulation stuff wrong, so I'd go back to Scott and ask him   :buttrf:
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »

maybe I misunderstood the point of felting, I thought the idea of felting is to leave it on the soap when being used? So wouldn't it come in contact with the skin? e.g. things like loofah, pummice, etc aren't absorbed by skin but listed as part of SA. Better safe than sorry and ask Scott
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »

It would be in contact with the skin in the same way as a facecloth or sponge, the difference being it's actually attached to the soap and I think that's why it would be worth asking Scott just to be sure.

fireweed

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »

Felt doesn't need to be included in the SA but does need to be described in the PIF
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: