MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 23, 2020, 09:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326751 Posts in 22234 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Scented sachets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Scented sachets  (Read 1156 times)
squeakyclean

« on: November 21, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »

Does anyone make scented sachets with unscented sachet base? I made up some sachets using 1.5% EO which was the amount that I read was suitable somewhere but can't remember where. Anyway, it smells strong enough when its in the jar but once in the sachets it barely smells at all! So I just did a search to see if I could find more info as to % and the only one I found was saying 5oz EO to 1lb base. Now unless I've got my calculations wrong thats 28g EO to 100g base, a whopping 28% EO! That would cost a fortune to make and would not be worth doing, so does anyone have any advice? How much do you use? Do you just use EO or do you add something else to them to help with dispersal / scent retention?
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »

I put a small amount of powdered myrrh and/or frankincense (as fixative) in the mix but the amount of EO varies as some, singly or blended, are more powerful than others.
squeakyclean

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »

Thanks EJ thats really useful info, thanks for sharing Smiley I don't have either of them in stock but I'll had them to my (huge) list of things to buy Wink If you don't mind me asking, how much of the myrrh / frankincense would you add and what are they like in terms of scent? Are they likely to make much of a difference to the overall scent?
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »

I'd use about 5g of the myrrh/frank per 100g of dried herbs/petals or whatever your mix is then add your EO blend a few drops at a time, shaking or stirring the mix well as you go along.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: