MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 25, 2024, 11:48:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  new to soap making and the forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: new to soap making and the forum  (Read 3385 times)
Asiza

« on: November 13, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »

I'm Asiza and I've just recently found the courage to dive into the scary world of lye. I've been researching everything there is on soap and soap making and now I think I should stop procrastinating. I went to the dollar store and thrift shops for things I could use and bought lye at Ace hardware. I figure, if there's not much money into it, I can spend those bucks on ingredient, which I have.  :buttrf:

My children and several other members of my family have very sensitive skin and I have a chemical sensitivity (the reason for my fear) so, I am motivated to make soap good enough for newborn skin. If I can do that soon enough, I'll make some soap for my newly born grandson who's 13 days old. Lots of motivation here to make the gentlest soap possible Smiley I can't wait to glean all of your wisdom.

“We are so accustomed to the comforts of "I cannot", "I do not want to" and "it is too difficult" that we forget to realize when we stop doing things for ourselves and expect others to dance around us, we are not achieving greatness. We have made ourselves weak.” -Pandora Poikilos
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »

Hello and welcome Hi!
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »

Hello and welcome,

Lots of info here and in Resources - you might not be able to see all of it until you've made more posts so ask as many questionas you need.
Asiza

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

thanks to both of you. I have been looking around. This seems to be a very nice place.

“We are so accustomed to the comforts of "I cannot", "I do not want to" and "it is too difficult" that we forget to realize when we stop doing things for ourselves and expect others to dance around us, we are not achieving greatness. We have made ourselves weak.” -Pandora Poikilos
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »

Hi and welcome!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Asiza

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »

thank you very much. I love these butterflies  :buttrf:

Liindann

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 12:48:22 AM »

Hi and welcome from me too  :buttrf:
Asiza

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 12:51:28 AM »

thanks  Smiley

So, I messed up my first batch of soap ... broke a glass candy thermometer in the lye. Stupid me  Embarrassed

fireweed

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 07:24:23 AM »

The first of many mistakes you'll make, just like the rest of us! The good batches make up for it, welcome to the forum!
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:12 AM »

hi and welcome from me. Lye isn't that scary when you get used to working with it quite a bit. The main thing is wear protective glasses, wash anything that splashes on your skin straight away and keep it well away from kids. Locked if you can!

I don't use thermometers for soap making.
sdq

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 10:55:48 AM »

Hi and welcome :buttrf: :buttrf:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »

Hi Asiza and a very warm welcome to the forum  Smiley :buttrf:

Sorry to hear about your oopsie with the first soap  Sad

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 06:56:39 PM »

Hello and welcome

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »

Hello and welcome to the mad house Smiley

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Asiza

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 03:12:28 AM »

Thanks guys! I will have to get a new thermometer; the soap turned out too well to wait any longer. I already have people asking for soap (rep. transferred from cooking I suppose). Nearly 100% coconut oil, coconut water and coconut cream is a fantastic soap!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: