MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 26, 2021, 10:45:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  Mips is here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Mips is here  (Read 3047 times)
mips

« on: March 24, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »

Hey,

I got a message from Lindy yesterday saying there's an European soap forum. And here I am!

I'm Kim, from the Netherlands and maybe a year ago I got interested in the soapmaking thing, but then didn't go on with it cause lye scared me.   angel

Then a while ago I found out what fluoride in toothpaste does to your body, and also what aluminum in deodorant does to your body. And basically with the fact that my favorite soap from Sabon is a tad too expensive for me, I figured I wanna ban all things that are bad for me. If that makes sense.

I got toothpaste from the ecological store (not starting on making that myself) and found some aluminum-free deodorant. I haven't looked at soap/shampoo at the ecological store yet, but I like the fact that I can make that easily myself.

Since I think I'll make more soap than I can handle  :mwaha: I'll give soap to friends for birthdays and other special occasions and will also sell some over the internet in gift wrapping. Right now I only did Melt & Pour soap, but this kinda feels 'fake', I wanna make my own from scratch.

Besides all this, I'm 26 years old, I study fine arts and I have 3 dogs, 4 cats and a hamster. I like going to concerts and festivals, but I don't do that as often as I like.

If there's any questions, you can always ask!

Greets,

Kim
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »

I discovered long ago that everything I like is bad for me... so I live in moderation, except when I'm bad  :mwaha:

Welcome to the forum  Grin
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »

hiya Kim

wow that's a lot of pets  Grin

I also got into soapmaking partly through Sabon - but that a looonnngg story  :mwaha:

you will have lots of fun here

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »

Ooooh.... lots of pitter patter of pawpads  :buttrf:

A warm welcome to the forum - something tell's me you are going to fit right in  Smiley :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
sdq

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 02:11:03 PM »

HI Mips,  :buttrf: :buttrf: Welcome to the forum  :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:

Wow love to hear you have got 4 cats. How do they get along the dogs and cats.  Wink :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:.
Soapwitch

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »

hi Kim welcome to the forum, everyone is friendly and more than willing to help if they can. have a great day
jojo68

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »

Hi Kim it's lovely to meet you.
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 03:23:31 PM »

Welcome, any friend of Lindy's is a friend of mine  Kiss

Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »

Welcome to the friendliest forum around.  :buttrf:

The more you post the more boards open up for you.
We loooove pics! You can start with showing us your family of pets.  Grin

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »

Hello Kim - welcome to the forum.
mips

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »

Wow thanks for all the replies!

Our cats & dogs go along 'fine', we have one crazy dog that scares them from time to time... but she means nothing bad!

A little than a year and a half ago we still had 7! cats... but they are all old, moderately old... oldest we got now is almost 14. Two of the cats we still had until a year and a half ago went to heaven, and for one we had to find a new home cause he wasn't fitting into our group and was fighting all the time with the other cats, out of nowhere. We still miss him though, but the group has found some peace since, there was a lot of stress because of him, and it was stressful for himself too.

I can't wait to make my first CP-batch, and I'm going to ask some 'stupid' questions right now in the first real thread I'm going to make Tongue *goes to find the CP-forum*
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »

Hi Mips!  I am really glad you chose to join.  You will find this forum amazing with some awesome members!  Welcome aboard....
fionab

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

Hi Kim and a warm welcome. :buttrf:

Bergamia

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »

Hi!

Wants lots of money to make lovely lotions and soaps Smiley

Jo x
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: