MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 19, 2021, 03:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Introduce Yourself
| |-+  Introduce yourself to the boards
| | |-+  New beginings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: New beginings  (Read 1900 times)
chicken lady
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »

I am retiring later this year after working for 37 years, full time as a midwife. As I will only be 55 I am looking to start a small business. I have a small holding with lots of amimals and I quite fancy the idea of making goats milk soap. So I am on the internet to see if it is a viable option. Hope to talk to some of you during the process.  Smiley
Ali Daisy

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »

Welcome Chicken Lady  Grin I love the name. I'm new here too, you will find a LOT of advice here it's amazing. I make cold process soap and love to use goats milk in my soap, it make such a lovely creamy bar. I'm not selling anything at the moment, just giving away as gifts for friends and family as I've not got safety assessments or insurance yet. Good luck with your business it sounds like a fab idea  Smiley  :buttrf: :buttrf:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Hi Chicken Lady (gosh, there used to be a chicken lady here some time ago).  How exciting for you to have something new to sink your teggies into.  Good for you  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »

Hi CL and welcome!  :buttrf:
Sounds like you have an even more exiting time ahead of you.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:58 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:13:29 AM »

Hello Chicken Lady, welcome aboard.  You will meet a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here that will be happy to help you through the process.
andoy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »

hello and welcome Chicken Lady. I keep some poultry too. Though I've trimmed down to just tiny Malaysian Serama chickens and a few wildfowl ducks (Mandarin & Ringed Teal). Incys are switched of at the mo.

Goat's milk soap is lovely, but I wouldn't just limit yourself to that.
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the friendliest and most helpful forum around! I love making soap with goats milk too! Husband won't let me keep goats though  Embarrassed

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Soapwitch

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

welcome to the forum, i retire in about 12 months time after being a medical sec for more years than i care to remember and i too am starting a small business to keep me busy. you will get lots of help and encouragement on this site, everyone is more than welcome to help and inspire.
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »

Hi yes I remember the other Chicken Lady too!

Nice to meet you.  Looking forward to your new journey  :buttrf:
Shelley

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

Hello & welcome Chicken Lady...sure you'll love it here  :buttrf:
chicken lady
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »

Thanks everyone for your welcome. The name started when I took a sick chicken to the vets. It was a novelty then to have a chicken at the vets. They called me the chicken lady as I ended up knowing more about chickens than they did. When I joined smallholding forums I used it as my user name. Regarding the soap making I am at the moment doing my research and getting some thing together. I will then give it a go. As I said I would like to start with goats milk soap - my daughter has eczema and I think it would be good for her. I would then move onto other soaps but one step at a time I think. Once again thanks for the welcome. Cool
Tanya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Hi and welcome Chicken Lady!!  Grin

It will all be grand!!
www.facebook.com/soapiculture
Michelle
senior
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:05 AM »

Hi and welcome Chicken Lady. You wil find this very rewarding .

I keep chickens too Bringing on Pekins at the moment so friendly

Life is for Living, laughing and loving
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: