MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 27, 2021, 01:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Scottish Trade Fair, Glasgow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Scottish Trade Fair, Glasgow  (Read 1750 times)
Denice
Hero+ Member

« on: January 20, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »

This will be our first BIG fair.  We were invited to take a stand in the Launch Gallery and decided to go for it.
Trev and one of the guys set up this morning (I'm still not well), sent me lots of pics to make sure they were doing it properly  Wink
It starts tomorrow morning and finishes on Tuesday. 
I think we have everything in place: loads of fliers; generic business cards; posh catalogues; order forms; payment facility; practised script with photos; comfy shoes

A local company has sponsored us to be there, which has helped a lot.  We've been having lots of talks with 'sum up' (a bit like the izettle') and they've helped us sort out how we can use their system for payments and also set up some shops  on their software so it should be really easy to keep track of orders etc.  A couple of our suppliers have said they're going to pop in and see us (2 of which are based in England) which is really encouraging for us.
I've got Carishea on Twitter now (been putting it off) so if anyone wants to follow us it's @carishea

I just need a huge energy boost - this horrible cold/flu seems to like me  Sad
I'm slightly anxious I think because its another new thing, but I'm sure it'll be fine once I'm there!

Corrie will be there with Lomond Soaps, so I'll get a chance to catch up with her a bit - I haven't seen her in ages Smiley
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:12:54 AM »

Lots of luck, Denice. Stop stressing and just enjoy it. Smiley

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:32:01 AM »

How exciting!  Denice you will do fantastic and how fantastic that you have a sponsor!
fionab

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »

Best of luck. I'm sure it will go really well for your. :buttrf:

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »

Super good luck, it'll be great, you see  Smiley :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »

Good luck and enjoy it.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 10:39:36 AM »

Best of luck and please pass on regards to Corrie.
Tanya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »

Best of luck Denice - it really does sound as if you do have absolutely everything in order. Enjoy yourselves - and I hope you are feeling well again very soon.  big hug

It will all be grand!!
www.facebook.com/soapiculture
Lisa

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »

How are things going Denice? really really good I hope and I hope your feeling better  :buttrf:
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »

wishing you a fabulous few days at the show! good luck with the sumup gadget (I'm too scared to use mine!) :buttrf:

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:39:05 AM »

Sunday we had a steady flow of people - no actual orders, but there were definitely some who I'm sure will be putting an order in within a couple of weeks.
Today Trev was on his own, I stayed home as I'm really not well still and also our boiler isn't working properly and I waited in for the gas man. 
Trev thought today was quite slow and apparently lots of others thought so too. The general comments have been that its not been as busy as previous years and very few people are placing orders whilst there. It  may be something to do with the weather (though we've NOT got any snow as yet) or it may be the financial climate - who knows?
Tomorrow, either Trev or I will wait here in the morning for the return of the gasman and the other will go up to the exhibition.  We should both be there in the afternoon to round thing up and pack everything up.
Retro - have you tried paying yourself £1 or something just to prove to yourself that it works?  If you're not feeling very confident about using it, contact them and they'll walk you through it - they've been really helpful to us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: