MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 06, 2020, 06:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326806 Posts in 22241 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Sea Shell Candles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Topic: Sea Shell Candles  (Read 3749 times)
Lisa

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »

Suzanne would you like me to collect you some and post them to you?  :buttrf:
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »

That would be great Lisa! Thank you. :buttrf:

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Lisa

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

That would be great Lisa! Thank you. :buttrf:
Its a wee bit wild here at the moment but as soon as I can get down to the beach I will get some and let you know  :buttrf:
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »

Thank you Lisa. There is no rush. It is not like I don't have anything else to play with. :mwaha:

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »

This is a really nice idea. Lindy your candles look lovely  :buttrf:
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »

Oh wow you have some lovely sea shells there, they look gorgeous, especially against the beeswax  :buttrf: :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »

Thank you ladies.  What type of shells do you have there?  These are oyster and a couple of different types of clam shells.  I've ordered in some different wicks as these ones are rated for soy & gel waxes.  They do work with the small shells and I so love how beeswax burns.

I also ordered some spa tealight cups that are 1.5" deep (http://www.canwax.com/Spa-Tealight-Cups-Polycarbonate-Large_p_2357.html)

Yup another new addiction :mwaha:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »

I've started timing the candles length of burn now and I started with this little guy...

4 hour burn - not too shaggy.... :mwaha:
Lisa

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »

wow 4hrs thats not bad at all
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »

Lisa I was really, really surprised!
Lisa

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 08:21:49 PM »

I would have been to its only a little shell isnt it?  :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »

It really is!  There is less beeswax in there than in a tealight....  wick placement is really important.  I did a second one after that only burned for about an hour because of where I put the wick.  Clueless
Lisa

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »

how are you planning on selling these (if you are) as they are not very stable I was thinking of gluing some smaller shells to the outside to make a more stable base what about you?  :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »

I'm actually going to be putting them together with silicone so they are stable and then boxed.  I am going to do 3 sizes, small, medium and large...  I have the Silhouette Cameo coming which will allow me to custom make boxes.  These are not going to be available for wholesale, just retail.

I need to get back down to the beach to get more shells so I have enough for the construction portion....
Lisa

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »

I'm actually going to be putting them together with silicone so they are stable and then boxed.  I am going to do 3 sizes, small, medium and large...  I have the Silhouette Cameo coming which will allow me to custom make boxes.  These are not going to be available for wholesale, just retail.

I need to get back down to the beach to get more shells so I have enough for the construction portion....
That sounds lovely, I might be able to get to the beach today it seems (at the moment) we have a break in the weather
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: