MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 17, 2020, 04:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326750 Posts in 22233 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  ikea ice cube moulds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: ikea ice cube moulds  (Read 1682 times)
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »

i use these for my wax melts. a few stick sometimes, no big deal. EXCEPT.....every single christmas one I make is sticking, and as they are for gift baskets, they cannot be broken. I am even putting a couple of drops of cyclo into each cavity, but this doesn't seem to help much. does anyone have any tips please?

Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »

Freezer?

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

i use these for my wax melts. a few stick sometimes, no big deal. EXCEPT.....every single christmas one I make is sticking, and as they are for gift baskets, they cannot be broken. I am even putting a couple of drops of cyclo into each cavity, but this doesn't seem to help much. does anyone have any tips please?

are they the new ice cube trays (this year's)? I found they are not good for ice cubes either! They are rubber rather than silicone, I think and they are now made in Poland, whereas before they were made elsewhere (it didn't say). I was not impressed by the new ones, they are harder and not as flexible as well. If you have a TKMaxx near you, they have some good silicone trays for chocolate making and they are much better!

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

freezer doesn't work, makes them more brittle......I don't know how old this mould is, it is a yellow star one, and I bought it a jumble sale in september. I am having to re-melt the wax several times (with the fragrance in) in order to just get a handful of unbroken ones Sad

Lisa

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »

I know this might be time consuming but could you not line them with cling film? I use silicon mould for mine and have no probs so sorry other then the cling film I cant think of owt else  :buttrf:
Mikelkopp
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »

This was a sneaky spammer (signature link which has been deleted as has he) :mwaha:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:16:03 PM by Lindy » Logged
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 09:16:55 AM »

well, that was helpful............

Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 09:43:09 AM »

Shocked

um?

we await a pearl of wisdom

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

There was no need to melt the wax again and several times. Re-melting it again will not help you.

Could you maybe elucidate?

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »

Have you tried to wipe with some mineral oil first?

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »

I have the old ones too and had vast problems with some FOs. Never made a note of which ones it was cause I only use EOs now and that works well so far.
Putting them in the freezer doesn't help, as mentioned.
It's something with the oils. What % of FOs do you have in them?

Suzanne, I tried the oil wiping too and for some strange reason it did not help.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »

Just thought - with the ridgid moulds I use the company I bought them from recommends washing them in soapy water and just shaking out the excess. It has worked so far.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
deniseyf

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »

some of my wax moulds are the individual ones i got them from ikea they were sticking and i was loosing chunks of them when unmouldning  Angry but what i do now is have a small bowl of hot water dip each one in for a few seconds and they unmould unscathed Happy Bounce

Denise x
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 01:39:05 PM »

I wonder if the fragrances break down the silicon/plastic after a while

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »

some of my wax moulds are the individual ones i got them from ikea they were sticking and i was loosing chunks of them when unmouldning  Angry but what i do now is have a small bowl of hot water dip each one in for a few seconds and they unmould unscathed Happy Bounce
Ah that is a nifty way!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: