MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 17, 2020, 04:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326750 Posts in 22233 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Simmering granules................
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Simmering granules................  (Read 5185 times)
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »

Anyone know where I can get a big sack of uncoloured/unfragranced simmering granules from? I have knackered myself out trying to find them on t'internet to no avail, and although I know SPsh does them I'd rather chew off my own feet than order from them again, so anyone know anywhere else that sells them?   Huh?

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Mrs Green Hearts

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

I had a bit of a look and could only see the SP ones,
but this is interesting:
http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?38655-Simmering-granules

Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »

I had read that before about them being dishwasher salt, but I put it down to a random moment of insanity and thought I'd hallucinated it................. am off to check out if my bag of Finish looks suitable  Grin

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Mrs Green Hearts

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »

gotta be worth experimenting!!

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

Don't Ancient Wisdom do them?

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Mona
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »

What are they?? Huh?
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Don't Ancient Wisdom do them?

not bulk and plain  Sad

Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »

What are they?? Huh?
Me wanna know too.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »

What are they?? Huh?
Me wanna know too.

well they're like wee beads, that you scent and colour with er well scent and colour stuff, then plonk in a pot, flog to customers, they plonk some of the contents in their oil burner type receptacle and shove a tea light in the hole, light it and the granules kinda simmer and release whatever scent you mixed into them and make your house smell nice  Grin

Very popular product in my shop!!

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

No, they are not dishwasher salt. But apparently dishwasher salt may be dentritic salt.
I bought mine at SP, but found them expensive. Oh, sorry, no. They were aroma beads. That's not the same?
If they are not the same, then I dont know about dishwasher salt.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »

well they're like wee beads, that you scent and colour with er well scent and colour stuff, then plonk in a pot, flog to customers, they plonk some of the contents in their oil burner type receptacle and shove a tea light in the hole, light it and the granules kinda simmer and release whatever scent you mixed into them and make your house smell nice  Grin

Very popular product in my shop!!

Oh I see. Never heard of it. I only know about wax melts for burners and aroma beads for the room.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »

I call mine aroma beads as a lot of my customers leave the pots open in their drawers, or sprinkle them in ashtrays or plonk some in their car nooks, but most burn them, multipurpose little smelly things they are!  Smiley

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »

I've seen them and thought they were pretty cool.  Of course I saw them over here - sorry...  Cry
Michelle
senior
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »

I have to admit i made mine with dishwasher salts. just had to check it was dentritic. sorry i cant remember which make

Life is for Living, laughing and loving
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: