MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 27, 2020, 08:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326753 Posts in 22234 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Pot Pourri
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Pot Pourri  (Read 1652 times)
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:24 PM »

ok, so at some point I will have to bend to the will of my insistent customers and make some stinky dried stuff for them to leave in their house, waiting for someone to get drunk enough to think it is either Bombay mix or Chinese crackers, and eat it (ok so they have *told me* that they want it to make their rooms smell nicer, but we all know why people really buy it, entertainment value right?)

So I get the putting the dried stuff in a bag, chucking in some eo's/fo's and giving it a shake then leaving it to mature, but is that it? Isn't there some other nifty chemical thing that helps? Like makes the smell last longer? Like the stuff they put in reed diffusers to help it crawl up the stick and make your bog smell nice?

Any suggestions?

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:11:06 AM »

DPG helps as a carrier and making the EO/FO go further.  I do stinky clothes pins and I mix the EO/FO with DGP then put the pins in to absorb the scent.  The DPG  helps a lot....
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »

What is the DPG?

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »

Ah that's the fellow! Of course now I need to find it, I know where to get DPM but can't remember where I saw DPG for sale......................

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »

aha found it! (I really need to organise my bookmarks better!)

Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »

er what ratio should I use  :mwaha:

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »

I did a 1 part FO to 3 parts DPG.....  Glad you were able to find some.... Grin
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »

I awfully resourceful donchaknow  Grin

fionab

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »

Wow. I don't even see pot pourri for sale. Maybe I'm just totally blind then. But you know what they say "got to give the people what they want."

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »

I awfully resourceful donchaknow  Grin

Yuppers....
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

What is the DPG?

whoops totally forgot to say!! It is Dipropylene glycol (DPG)  Smiley

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:20 PM »

What is the DPG?

whoops totally forgot to say!! It is Dipropylene glycol (DPG)  Smiley

About time too - been reading down the thread hoping either you or Lindy would put us out of our misery :mwaha:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »

LOL - yes it is....  :mwaha:
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

the stupid thing is I kept thinking propylene glycol, then thinking 'nope, that's that other stuff' and then confusing myself cos I was SURE it was a similar word, then my head went fuzzy and I started to veer towards Dipropylene glycol methyl ether but that is either a) a different version of a similar thing or b) the same thing and I'm mental, but DPM is for reed diffusers and I don't think DPG is as good for them but to be fair I generally forget my kids names most days so probably shouldn't tax my brain too much with thinking about words like those......................

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 09:33:42 PM »

but to be fair I generally forget my kids names most days so probably shouldn't tax my brain too much with thinking about words like those......................

You and me both :mwaha:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: