MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 17, 2021, 09:29:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Double the cost?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Double the cost?  (Read 1907 times)
polly
Hero+ Member

« on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

I just got an email about a craft fair. I did it last year in the local castle (this was the first time ever the castle opened to the public, the Lord still lives there) and it was £25 for the table. It was an ok event, not too great, but local and we got to see a castle we don't otherwise get to see.

However, now they want £50. I double checked my records and yes, it was definetly only £25 last year. So I've just sent an email saying that yes, I too had a good event last year, but at double the cost, I am not taking a table this year.

What a cheek! Last year, it was busy because people were very curious. So it started out as a load of the Lord's friends (you could spot them a mile off) and filtered through to the general public who came to have a good look at the castle. Will those same people turn up again now that they've had their look last year? Not so sure but I think a 100% increase in the table fee is far too much and is just greedy.
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »

It does seem a bit too much of an increase. I suppose the other way to look at it is that as this is the second year, more people may know about it.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Tanya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »

I would be thinking the same as Suzanne too. I think more people will come this year  Undecided But it is a hefty increase. It is a gamble for sure. I am sure you will find another fair closer to Christmas that will suit you better.

It will all be grand!!
www.facebook.com/soapiculture
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »

That's a good point, but if I take the same as last year, it would not be worth it at all. And I've send off my snippy email so I don't think they'd let me back in  Cheesy
Tanya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

That's a good point, but if I take the same as last year, it would not be worth it at all. And I've send off my snippy email so I don't think they'd let me back in  Cheesy

:mwaha:

It will all be grand!!
www.facebook.com/soapiculture
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:07 AM »

:mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 05:58:31 AM »

I think doubling the price is unreasonable UNLESS they specifically stated last year it was a special price for the first year or something ....

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »

I think doubling the price is unreasonable UNLESS they specifically stated last year it was a special price for the first year or something ....

Tend to agree.  Here in Canada it can take up to 3 years for an event to "take" so to speak and they need to remember that it is the vendors that make it successful...  just my opinion of course.... LOL
LizzyH

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »

An opinion that I agree with. There might be more people this year, but there's no way they can know that until after it happens so it's not a basis for putting up the prices.

Of course it's possible that they made a loss last year, or their costs have gone up substantially for some reason, but they should at the very least acknowledge that it's a massive increase If the price list had come with a 'sorry it's gone up but this is why' then I suspect traders would have been more likely to consider paying it than if they just hoik up the price with no explanation.

Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:11 AM »

Agree with Lizzy, a price hike like that deserves some kind of explanation really.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: