MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 18, 2021, 07:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  What Christmas fairs are you planning?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: What Christmas fairs are you planning?  (Read 1758 times)
LizzyH

« on: September 07, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »

I know it's early, but I have finished fairs for the summer so am now starting to pile up stock for the Christmas ones, and I wondered what sort of events other people were planning.

LizzyH

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »

I have two booked at Holkham Hall - Victorian fairs at a stately home on the first two weekends of December. This is the second year they are running them but the first year I'm going.

Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »

Good luck with those Smiley

I won;t be doing any this year, still not ready for that yet, but plans are afoot to start doing fairs in 2013 :buttrf:

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »

I'm booked for the entire month of December at the Kiosk in my local mall.  That one is really, really profitable for me.. and I am hiring a girl to work a couple of days a week to help me and give me some time off.  I'll open and close the kiosk and she can work the hours.
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

I'll open and close the kiosk and she can work the hours.

I like that idea!!

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »

I pay $800 for the month for the kiosk and average about $6,000 for the month in sales.  So worth the effort..
Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »

Wow that's definitely worth it Lindy :buttrf:

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »

wow, that is so worth it!!! You must be working like a maniac this time of year to make the stock?Huh?

I just checked my local shopping centre and they charge £2000/ month for a Kiosk, more during November and December (although I can't find how much more). That is too risky for me...

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

Holy!  Mind you I would think your sales would be exponentially higher with that type of price tag.  I know if I were to do it in Vancouver, Victoria or Calgary I could expect to pay stupid money there and it would take 6 months to have enough product to do it Shocked

Right now I am truly going crazy.  I'm not only trying to get product made for Christmas but I am also going crazy getting ready for the trade show next week confused

:mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »

Got one in October and two on consecutive days (yes I know I am nuts) in November.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

Yikes, Lindy, you are so busy, you put me to shame.

I'm booked the whole of November (though there is issues over one weekend where no one is sure if we've been scammed or not, details  later if our fears come true)

Only one weekend in December and that's it. My sister has plans to do the daily xmas market in Glasgow so I may be helping her, i don't know if i'll do it, depends on child care/health.
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »

I totally love Christmas sales and markets....  I may even do one and have my assistant run the kiosk while I do the market... hmmmm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: