MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Pensthorpe medeival spectacular
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Pensthorpe medeival spectacular  (Read 2419 times)
LizzyH

« on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »

This weekend - anyone else going to be there?

http://www.pensthorpe.com/events/2012/7/mediaeval-spectacular/

Forecast is a bit damp and windy for an outdoor fair, so I think I'll be spending a lot of it inside the tent luring in customers with the offer of shelter.

LizzyH

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

And learning to spell mediaeval!

Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:30 PM »

Looks fun  Grin

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
LizzyH

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »

It was, and the weather stayed good for almost all of it as well.

Shattered now though.

Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »

How did you do?

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
LizzyH

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »

Better than expected (and therefore not quite as well as I would have done if I'd taken more stock - ran out of several products well before the end). Even things like the microwavable wheat bags and handwarmers were going well, and I'd only taken a handful of those as a demo because usually they are winter-only sellers.

I haven't done the final adding up yet, but I went with all my stock boxes packed full, took extra top ups of stock each day, and came home with several empty boxes. Lip balms, candles and cat toys seemed to be most popular but hand cream and scented ink also went pretty well, and we sold at least a few of everything.

They had events going on through the day in two main areas and the traders were in the section between the two so people were criss-crossing all the time as they wandered from the jousting to witch burning and back for the falconry. And next to the car park so quite a few came for a final scoot round the stalls just before leaving as well. Really good layout. They only had one of each type of stall, as well, so we weren't in competition with each other. It was run by Black Knight Historical, and I really recommend them - very well thought through, and they keep coming round to check everything's going OK.

LizzyH

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »

Hope to be able to put up some picks of my stall soon, but in the meantime here are some other photos from the weekend http://norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk/en/photos/news/2012-08-27/15128/pensthorpe-medieval-spectacular.html

Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »

Can't wait to see the pics.  Well done though and to sell out of some products is fantastic (gives you a good idea of what to increase you stocks of for future events).  Thanks for sharing your experience and really well done  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
LizzyH

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »

I always get stock levels wrong - there seems to be so much variation from event to event and even day to day at the same event. For example this time loads of people bought tumble dryer sachets on Saturday but not one on Sunday. This time untinted lip balms were selling at about twice the rate of tinted ones; last time it was the other way round.

And there seems to be a national epidemic of insomnia this year - after three years of it being my least popular scent I was planning to drop the sleep range, then suddenly this year sales have rocketed. Website and fairs. I can't make the sleep pillows fast enough.

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »

Wow!!  That looks like a fabulous festival to attend.  Congrats on selling out of so much!
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »

Well done!  :buttrf:
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »

Looks like it was fun, and pleased you did well  :buttrf:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: