MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
September 25, 2020, 08:13:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326833 Posts in 22246 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Room Spray
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Room Spray  (Read 2545 times)
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« on: July 29, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »

Talk to me about it....

I am desperate and I don't want to buy Febreeze as all of their fragrances make me feel dizzy.

We have been adopted by a really cute feral kitten, but he isn't snipped and decided that the house didn't really smell enough of him, so he changed that. Febreeze has nothing on him!! So I need to make some room spray, preferably cat safe (no citronella for starters).

I have EOs and lots of FOs. I think I'd prefer to use an FO as I don't want to scare him away. He is so skittish anyway and he is permanently calling for mum. I assume he lost her somehow and now he has himself attached to my cat (who is very perplexed by the whole thing). Where my cat goes he follows, including all the way into the house an on to the sofa, as long as I don't move....

The cat rescue service is coming round to chip and snip him and deliver him back to me, but the lady can't make it until Saturday next week. By then my house will smell like a Lion's den! I don't want to lock him out if it is raining, he is so skinny anyway. But I need to cover the smell for a while, until his hormones have worn off....

Men..... toilet habits of a Neanderthal!  :mwaha:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »

Aww! Can you use a scented candle (or four).

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
LizzyH

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »

Just adding other smells won't help. You'll need to neutralise it with bicarb. Lots and lots of bicarb, applied directly to anywhere he sprays, rather than as a room spray.

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »

I wish I knew where he sprayed.... could be anywhere....

www.bubble-works.com
Lisa

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

I agree with the bicarb, but if you do want a room spray - Tea tree 65 drops ,thyme 50 drops, eucalyptus 35 drops in 120 ml water.
Or cinnamon 65 drops, patchouli 45 drops, lemongrass 40 drops in 120 mls water.
Hope that helps.  :buttrf:
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »

the second one sounds good!! That should cover the smell until he is snipped (poor guy)

www.bubble-works.com
LizzyH

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »

I wish I knew where he sprayed.... could be anywhere....

Most lilkely to be edges and corners - I'd make a strong bicarb solution and squirt it round the edge of the room and round the furniture, and then sprinkle some dry into the carpet.

madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »

wont he just spray again then? Being a horny teenager, he can't help it?

www.bubble-works.com
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

Look out for yellow splotches on skirting boards etc. I use a great product called "Urine-Off" which breaks down the uric acid crystals properly, much better than bicarb or using a cover-up, as cats can still smell the original urine.
Also, invest in a strong UV torch, not a cheapo UV one as you won't be able to see the urine, but a very powerful one, because the urine will show up yellow.

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »

chuckle - I will feel like someone from CSI - but I think the torch will be my best bet once he is snipped.

I know where he has sprayed outside, as every tomcat in the area has decided that they have to cover up that smell with their own markings..... we now have 4 tomcats on the garden marking..... thankfully we have a rainy summer  :buttrf:

www.bubble-works.com
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »

and just in case you wondered why I have been allowing him to take over....here is the little cutie (the black one)

www.bubble-works.com
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »

oh gsoh, he is adorable! I can understand why he is allowed to stay! sorry about the spraying, if the cats come and spray in my garden I spray them with the garden hose! ha ha! a bit mean, but it scares them off. I must be the only person without a cat in the road, as they all congregate in my garden! I hope you get something sorted MP, he looks like a lovely kitty! :buttrf:

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »

Don't clean with anything that has ammonia in it. It encourages them to re-mark. I am not suprised you are letting him stay. He is lovely. Not sure your ginger one agrees, looking at the look on his face!

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Hayley
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »

Georgeous  :buttrf:
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »

Who could resist him!