MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 23, 2020, 08:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Cross-cut shredded paper
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Cross-cut shredded paper  (Read 3389 times)
JGorse
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

Does anybody have either a use for or know anybody who wants alot of shredded paper?  We have to clear out paperwork from our old business and because of the nature of the paperwork, it has to be shredded or burned.

Brighton Council will NOT help us to get rid of it (the business has gone and we are literally scrabbling around to make ends meet at the moment so paying hundreds of pounds to get somebody to take it away or burn it isn't an option).

We gave some to an equine surgeon's place but they've just said it was fine as bedding but horrible to clean out so they don't want any more.
Somebody somewhere must have a use for it!  Argh!
Joy
Moderator Emeritus
Hero+ Member

I wonder if I should dye my pussy to match my hair

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »

Bring it up here JJ and stick it on our bonfire. I really mean that. We have a bonfire regularly. We can play exchange ideas as well then. Roll Eyes

I believe in dragons, good men and other fantasy creatures.
http://hippynews.blogspot.com/
http://www.dragonflydawn.co.uk (work in progress)
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »

If it's shredded across the lines of print can't it go in the paper recycle drum at a recycling centre?

You could take it a bit at a time so that it's not obviously from a business source.
JGorse
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

Ta Joy.  Now then, could I borrow a van somewhere & trundle up the motorway?  Will have to think about that one seriously.

We've been sneaking bits into the cardboard recycling EJ - Brighton Council in their wisdom don't want shredded paper in the paper bin, and don't want cardboard in the paper bin.  Must be run by men.
andykim
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »

I use it for the floor on the my chicken house but would not need that much and when I tried to put some in the recycling bin at our local tip they told me off. OH thinks may be its because they cant sort out what paper is in it and glossy is no good for recycling.
Kim
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »

That would make fantastic packing filler JJ - pop in here with a bin liner full on yer way up to Joys please  Grin

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JGorse
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »

Pleeeeeeeeease take it!
I've just been in touch with the lady at The Tiny Box Co and she's having a think too for me.  Coincidence is that she's in the same place as the equine people that were taking it before!
gracefruit
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »

If I weren't so far away, I'd take it for packing boxes.  We go through a lot of packing materials.  Wah!
JGorse
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »

Shame, Elizabeth as you'd be more than welcome to it (there are about 50 bin bags so far & I'm far from finished!). 

I know it's a bit messy for packing, but it's so light, and despite what the animal rescue people say, it's not "sharp" and I don't think it'd cut little paws.  I've been sticking my hands in it for months & it hasn't cut me yet.  The only cuts I have are from removing thousands of staples to make sure the bags only contain paper.

gracefruit
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »

Jo, that sounds like an absolute nightmare of a task.  Well done for not torching the building just to be done with it!
JGorse
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:12:08 PM »

Don't think I haven't thought about it!  20+ years' worth of rubbish to get rid of.  Times like this, I can understand why people just disappear into the ether and reinvent themselves! Grin
Joy
Moderator Emeritus
Hero+ Member

I wonder if I should dye my pussy to match my hair

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »

Reggie Perrin style eh?

I believe in dragons, good men and other fantasy creatures.
http://hippynews.blogspot.com/
http://www.dragonflydawn.co.uk (work in progress)
JGorse
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »

You can call me Reggie, I won't mind  :mwaha:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »

Sorry but who's Reggie Perrin?  (I will NOT miss out on any joke or giggle  Strop)

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 10:40:26 PM »

A TV series, comicish, which I remember.

He was a ?bedsit? landlord - stuff piled up in his room(s).
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: