MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 09, 2020, 05:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326809 Posts in 22243 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Frosting On Soy Wax Melts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Frosting On Soy Wax Melts  (Read 2954 times)
thewaxworx
« on: July 07, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »

Hi Peeps,

I'm diversifying a little and planning on doing some wax melts and floating candles. I have a good knowledge base for normal candles but when I poured my first batch of Soy wax melts they came out of the mould fine but as they were still slightly warm they started frosting but only on the surface that was in contact with the bottom of the mould?

I've just ordered some CB Advanced Soy wax that is frost resistant but I need to understand what's happening, what Soyas people are using etc?  Shocked  Huh?  Roll Eyes  Embarrassed

I've ordered container blend to use as I don't want the melt shrinking away from the sides of the Silicone mould causing any uneveness to the melt edges. I also want to keep it 'eau naturale' so no mixing with paraffin wax. I then will be boxing them up in custom made boxes that my Helen (Soapy Sensations) has started making for some of you guys out there, to sell.  Andy
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

As far as I understand this is kind of significant for soy wax.
To make a positive thing out of it one can use it as a "proof" that it is pure soy wax.  Grin

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

I had that when I first made melts, and I had used soy container wax. I have been blending with some pillar wax and now it seems to have stopped. I have been wiping my moulds with kitchen towel before I start too, so maybe that helps to remove any residue from previous uses?

And I put the whole thing in the fridge once they have hardened sufficiently in the mould and make sure they are cold when I remove them x

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
thewaxworx
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »

Thank you ladies,

It does seem to be very common and this is why I have ordered the CB Advanced Soy wax which is resistant to frosting. One thing I find that made it worse was the coloured dye. I've just done a 100% Soy melts with no colouring which has reduced this effect and a batch with 20% paraffin wax, there is a slight difference in the 'feel' of them but the minor frosting is about the same.

Andy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: