MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 23, 2021, 05:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Merton Abbey Mills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Merton Abbey Mills  (Read 1661 times)
Laura1986
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »

Has anyone been there before?

I went there yesterday and it wasn't busy at all but one lady said that the turnout is
usually a lot better.
Had something to do with the Wimbledon Village Fair.

I have been thinking of getting a stall there which would be a first and quite scary. Smiley
fionab

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »

It was free last time I inquired but as you said there weren't many people there. However that was a couple of years back in the winter so probably wasn't a true reflection.

Markets are funny things though. You have to hang in there a bit and build up a client base but easier said than done.

Also depends on what you sell.

Greenwich is £10 on a friday and is an established market. It won't break the bank and will give you a taster.  Smiley

littleheartdesigns

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »

Hi Laura,
I'm from London and have been to Merton Abbey market a few times, a few years ago. It seemed fairly busy on the occasions when I went and people were buying. I liked the market myself and bought a few bits, I thought there was a nice range of stuff. I don't recollect a soap/lotion stall but wasn't looking I spose  Grin
I know that my sister in law used to love going there often when she lived nearby
hope that helps  Grin

blonde and dangerous Smiley
Laura1986
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

Thank you very much for your feedback everyone! Smiley

I think I will give it a go. Smiley
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »

I know the place (as it isn't far from me), but haven't really heard anything good about it, although that's a while ago. Apparently Wimbledon changed some traffic rules and parking rules and it stopped customers from going there - or it may have been a building somewhere, can't remember. I also never see advertising for it and even though it's less than 5 miles from here, most people have never heard of it or only remember it vaguely from when they were much younger and it was a cool place to shop. I was considering it as an outlet at some point, at the time they only wanted stalls though and more commitment than I was willing to give after what I heard.

Go for it and see how it goes, as long as they don't make you have a stall for a year you've got nothing to lose. I might pop down and see your shop.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:46:21 PM »

Greenwich is £10 on a friday and is an established market. It won't break the bank and will give you a taster.  Smiley

Do you know how to get into that one? Is there a long waiting list?

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »

I know the place (as it isn't far from me), but haven't really heard anything good about it, although that's a while ago. Apparently Wimbledon changed some traffic rules and parking rules and it stopped customers from going there - or it may have been a building somewhere, can't remember. I also never see advertising for it and even though it's less than 5 miles from here, most people have never heard of it or only remember it vaguely from when they were much younger and it was a cool place to shop. I was considering it as an outlet at some point, at the time they only wanted stalls though and more commitment than I was willing to give after what I heard.

Go for it and see how it goes, as long as they don't make you have a stall for a year you've got nothing to lose. I might pop down and see your shop.

this is what I have heard also, from a chap who used to do Grennwich one. I think it was a new building that put the kybosh on MAM.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: