MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 23, 2020, 10:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Silicone Rubber
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Silicone Rubber  (Read 1998 times)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« on: August 26, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »

As most of you know, silicone rubber is not bio-degradable but it is recycleable.  Does anyone know of anywhere that silicone can be recycled?  I've looked on the Leicester City Council website but that was no help.  I would have thought taking it somewhere (like Quick Fit) that send tyres etc... would be able to take it as these sorts of places send their rubber for recycling. Any thoughts? Undecided

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:21:46 PM »

Tyre distributors have to pay for the used tyres to be taken away. Tyres are processed into buckets, road surfacing etc. or used as fuel in cement kilns - silicon is very different from tyre rubber so would have to go elsewhere.

Local council should be able to provide information, I might give ours a ring and see what they can tell me.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:45 AM »

We have lot's of recycle facilities but just for the usual items.  It seems to be a bit of a grey area this.  My City Council doesn't seem to have anything in place for things like this.  I need to look into this a bit further.  Thanks Elaine!  Undecided

Fresholi's Facebook Page
soapdesserts
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 02:03:25 AM »

Hi Helen, may i ask what type it is, as in was it for moulds, or was it old moulds, etc, as i have a friend that works for the council, i can ask her tomorrow. Ella x
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »

Thanks Ella,

I was thinking for both old moulds and the bits leftover from making moulds.  It would be great if you can throw some light on this.  Wink

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: