MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 23, 2020, 09:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Recycled sari silk yarn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Recycled sari silk yarn  (Read 2105 times)
JGorse
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »

After trawling through the internet for months, I've yet to come up with a FAIR price for buying recycled sari silk yarn.  It varies from about £4 to £11 per skein/100g.

I want to have a go at making a bag from it and wondered if anybody has seen any yarn or knows of any at a realistic price.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »

How much do you need? I would expect a skein goes a long way as it is lightweight.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:16:34 PM »

And do you want sari ribbon or the yarn which is spun from sari silk?
JGorse
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »

There are apparently 2 different grades of the yarn EJ.  First & Second.  Supposedly first grade is coarser and better for bags and non-wearables. 

It's just something I've wanted to do for quite a while now - I'd probably crochet it so it'll take a bit more yarn than knitting.  I haven't seen the ribbon if I'm honest!  There is quite alot of it around on the internet, but getting it at a fair price isn't easy.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »

Fibrecrafts have it at £3.75/100g inc VAT.
JGorse
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »

Thanks EJ.  Good wombling as ever!  I've emailed them for advice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: