MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
October 23, 2020, 08:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  The Wombling Free Board...
| |-+  Recycled, Revampled, Rehashed...
| | |-+  Soap Moulds!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Topic: Soap Moulds!  (Read 9113 times)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »

That's interesting, if it meets with assessment it seems customising your own moulds from food grade materials, makes for very individual end products. 

(just had the CPD clearance to work there as a volunteer - ridiculous since I was working there professionally when I was employed by the Soc. Services)

Just bizarre?Huh?Huh?Huh?

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
mai
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 11:49:14 PM »

I've used pringle tins, plastic molds, shoe boxes, the take away cartons you get from having a Chinese, ice cream pots, you name it I've used it, for my Christmas cake i used a saucepan, only thing I had round.  Pvc piping,

but I do have two ready made log molds that I use most of the time.
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »

Poly tubing inside a whisky bottle tube makes a good mould if you don't want/need an absolutely smooth edge'
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 11:37:30 AM »

I think I've got one of those in the loft somewhere.  Now that I've entered this world, I should try and dig it out  Smiley

Fresholi's Facebook Page
the.fee.fairy
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »

The ikea star ice cube mould did work!
The puzzle one was easy.

I put the melts in the freezer, and then pushed them out when they were solid. The stars came out quite easy and didn't break.

Huzzah!
abigailbalfour
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 11:51:48 PM »

Hooray!!!!!! I am very happy about that! I shall have to look at turning over some of my ice cube moulds to the cause (I can't very well follow soap with chocolate truffles!)
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:42 AM »

I went to the Pound Shop (yes the Pound Shop) yesterday and there were loads of moulds for icecubes and different food containers that would make ideal soap moulds.  I didn't buy any as I was too busy pushing my way through the crowds and keep my eye on little N - very stressful it was - I was only shopping for party prizes (little N's fourth Bday party on Sunday, EEK!!!)

Fresholi's Facebook Page
cair
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »

A wooden drawer/cutlery organizer from the 99p shop make an excellent mould.
andykim
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »

I know I'm a bit late on this one but use Tupperware containers. There are always loads of them a jumbles and b/fairs. Just put them in dishwasher on hot and you will know if they will put up with the heat.
Kim
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:47 PM »

Good idea about testing them in the dishwasher  Grin

Fresholi's Facebook Page
JANE
Hibernating

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

The 'Next' catalogue is packaged in a sturdy cardboard box. (Those that have it will know). So, basically you have a catalogue sized box which I am hoping to use as a slab mould for my next batch. I wanted something large and shallow to see if it helps prevent gelling and think this will do perfect.

Amy Winehouse rocks!
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »

Good idea - actually, I never thought of using a slab mould to help prevent the gel but yes, it would make perfect sense - thanks Jane

Fresholi's Facebook Page
lululiz
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »

The best slab mould I have found so far is a big old wooden tray with very straight sides, which I bought at a bootfair for 50p. I use it for milk soaps to help prevent gel, it just about fits on the freezer shelf, too.
JANE
Hibernating

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »

Mmm I could do with one of those Lululiz. Trying to think what I could use. Only thing that springs to mind is the base of a push along toy that my winkies used to play with. On second thoughts it's outside in the rain going mouldy. Cheesy

Amy Winehouse rocks!
lululiz
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:16 PM »

Have a look around charity shops, Jane, you'll be amazed what you can find there in the way of moulds. You'll probably come across a big old wooden tray in one as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: