MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
November 28, 2020, 12:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Reed diffusers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Reed diffusers  (Read 1596 times)
alishelly
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

I am thinking that I might like to have a go at making some reed diffusers to go alongside the candles, has anybody tried these? I think they must be easy enough to make but am having a job finding a supplier for the base, I have seen it on SP site but it seems quite expensive is there anywhere else I could try ?
TIA
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

I am not sure where to go but I will say this (and maybe this is just me) but I think they are absolutely lovely to look at and the concept is great but.....  I don't find them very effective, scent-wise.  Like I said, maybe it is just me but I just don't find them very functional.  I so wish I could have my mind changed about them as they do look lovely  :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »

I got some last year for Xmas. I think they are going to be too expensive to make. You need a LOT of FO to make them work and the base isn't cheap either. The reeds are not too bad though.

Trouble is, there are many very cheap ones on the market, it will be difficult to compete.

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:19:31 AM »

I do make these and they are really expensive.  I do a 50/50 of the base and FO.  It does work well and I like the way the scent does dissipate through the room.  It does take a lot of fragrance though.
alishelly
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »

I do make these and they are really expensive.  I do a 50/50 of the base and FO.  It does work well and I like the way the scent does dissipate through the room.  It does take a lot of fragrance though.

Thanks ladies

Lindy thankyou I can see from what you have said that they would be expensive to make, what size bottle do you use ? and also do you find they are a good seller ?
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »

Right now I have an order in for a 1 litre bottle.  This is not a big seller for me, but if people want a specific fragrance that they know I sell they will order them from me. :buttrf:
alishelly
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:52:43 PM »

thankyou  :buttrf:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: