MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 27, 2020, 09:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326753 Posts in 22234 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  Wax Melts!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Wax Melts!  (Read 1639 times)
nikkir

« on: January 17, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

I have a craving to make some wax melts, ive tried to fight it but it just wont go away  :mwaha:
I really dont need to be making more things when i already have nowhere to store all this other stuff. Im getting overrun with products, somebody help me before this obsessive making disorder takes over my life completely Smiley
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

Oh no, just do it. Doesn't take much supplies or space, and is a great way to use up odds and ends of fragrances. Grin

Eire

retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »

I concur!  :buttrf:

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »

I have a craving to make some wax melts, ive tried to fight it but it just wont go away 
I really dont need to be making more things when i already have nowhere to store all this other stuff. Im getting overrun with products, somebody help me before this obsessive making disorder takes over my life completely

Nikki - I believe you were warned about this obsessive disorder way back when you first joined us all here.  We fellow addicts have learnt that the best thing to do is just give in to these desires, you will ALWAYS find space to store ingredients and products and then share the results with us all here (photographically of course).  This is really the best way to keep this under control, otherwise it will be very difficult for you to think about anything else and you need to be able to concentrate on other things too.

As Eire rightly says, it will be a way to use up odds and ends of fragrance etc, so not only will it help to clear your mind, you'll be decreasing waste. angel
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »

Go for it!  I wasn't that keen on the idea of making candles/wax melts or anything other than lip balms/bath products to begin with, but it's a slippery slope Wink

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
nikkir

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »

I said help me not encourage me lol. I will have to do some research and see what kind of wax is the best to use? I think the thought of the USA oils that I can use is the thing that's tempting me the most. So many gorgeous food fragrances that I so love x
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

I always have melts/candles on the go here, really love a fragranced house. I use pillar wax for my melts, I tried soy wax but found it would crumble really easily if I was using moulds.

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
abrit
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »

I use mainly soy for my melts but I add around 10% paraffin wax just to harden them a little so they don't crumble in the mould. I have some star shaped moulds which I can't use pure soy for because the points of the star break off otherwise.   :buttrf:
nikkir

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »

I've read the best wax is a blend of paraffin and soy as you get the benefits of both waxes which is interesting x
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 03:06:18 AM »

What about beeswax?
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »

I use soy wax, pillar blend. Have not tried mixing it with paraffin yet.

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: