MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 07:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  So how were your Saturday sales this week?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: So how were your Saturday sales this week?  (Read 3626 times)
Littleswift
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:18 PM »

Ours were the best yet and people were still buying stuff when we were trying to pack up! Not the big wads of money I daydreamed we might make this Christmas but not too shabby.

Quite honestly I predict that when the Christmas retail figures come out next year, they will be pretty bad. I still think people are frightened by the economic turmoil in Europe as well as the ongoing austerity measures. They really aren't splashing it around.

I can't quite believe next Sat is the last for us before Christmas. Because our market is in a churchyard, it is closed on Christmas eve.

So how did you do?
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

that's great that things have picked up for you. I do think you're right though, people are still being cautious.

Mine - fairly poor, but I expected that. Mines was at a national trust venue and who want to visit a castle in the pouring rain? tomorrow I'm hoping for better cos the castle has a lot of attractions on which are supposed to be fab.

Next week is my last too. Can't wait.
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

I did not have a fair today but have my last fair tomorrow at Croxteth Hall. It is the first time I have been so I have no idea what to expect.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Honey
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »

As an extension of this (cos I can't answer cos I don't do markets) but how are people finding their general Christmas sales this year compared to last?

retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »

no fairs for me this weekend, so no sales (apart from the random unexpected one - see other post :mwaha:)
I made sure I had the weekend off!

Next weekend I have a 2 day one at a NT house, never done it before, so no idea what it will be like!

Fingers crossed for everyone for great sales next weekend! :buttrf:

Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »

As an extension of this (cos I can't answer cos I don't do markets) but how are people finding their general Christmas sales this year compared to last?
Worse for me this year, but expectedly so. Making changes, so not rushing for one xmas recession. Some pretty peeved people though, usually I do something weird and wonderful and creative as a once off for xmas (different each year), it has been the stable of quite a few customers xmas presents for some years. I didn't do it this year though. Not doing  markets, they are not worth it here.

PurplePrincess

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:54:30 PM »

Not too bad at all thank goodness! Made it worth standing in 3inches of snow for 6 hours. It was my last event for this year so now I can focus on sorting out my family & friends gift baskets & sort out the stock & start on the remakes & have a play with new creations & finalise a couple of things I've been working on & somewhere in amongst all of that wrap Christmas pressies & post the parcels before I miss the posting date!

Feels good to have no more fairs to do!

Honey, my website sales have been non existent, fairs have been either pretty good or terrible but there is definately a big difference in the way folk are spending. I'm finding they are buying a single item as a gift rather than 2 or 3 items to make the one gift. Whatever folk are buying tho I'm appreciating their custom, I need a new set of tyres on my car!

Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »

Can I answer even tho I don't do CP/HP?

Anyway market today was ok ish I guess, not great and only did a couple of hundred but although it was busy in there people seemed to be browers rather than buyers, loads asked if I would be there next week as they were doing their proper shopping then. They appeared to be scouting for ideas rather than actively seeking to purchase, so like I said, not great cash wise  Sad

Luckily web sales have increased a bit, did a few hundred this week and am hoping that's not the 'peak' and there are more to come. I have another market tomorrow, one next Sunday and a wedding to do favours for, but as it is my first xmas I don't have anything to compare it too, and the majority of my internet customers have been spending in excess of £50 (mainly lots of gift bags, I am so sick of frigging gift frigging bags!!!) but face to face sales have been generally smaller...............

hey ho, still a fortnight to go, things may pick up  Undecided

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

Bit worse than last year and I don't get that many web sales. I will let you know tomorrow if i will be retiring any time soon!

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:42:58 AM »

I had a really good day today, I am finding that there are a lot of ones and twosy sales rather than the large ones.  Hard for me to compare last year to this year but I think I'm on par with last year this time.  I'm not carrying as much inventory as I have the last two years as I would really like to sell most of the soaps.  This week is going to be nuts getting lotions, scrubs, salts, etc., etc., made to fill up the kiosk so I have enough to sell.... :mwaha:
yomojo
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »

I had an amazing day sold loads, made millions – oh I was day dreaming again :mwaha:
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »

Hard to compare for me too, it's only my second xmas in biz (14 months old), and last year I did lots of parties and web sales, this year I did 1 party, 1 market, but have also a shop selling my stuff and just got a wholesale account.

Sales are a lot better this year, but it may be cos I got more distribution channels, if you like.   
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »

Well retiring I ain't!

I think that the need for flippers and a snorkle this morning may have stopped people coming out. This afternoon was a bit busier, but not work giving up a day when I could have been sitting in front of the fire chilling out.

Henry Ward Beecher
abijay

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »

I can not wait to start selling! How I admire everyone who is selling even the fewest products! Weldone to you! You are all my Heroes/Heroines) big hug

The search for truth is not for the faint-hearted.
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »

Something else that has helped my sales this year is my internet sales.  It has taken me 3 years though to get it actually working for me and it is nowhere near as strong as I would like them to be.

As Andy said, the more distribution channels you have the more your business will grow.  But I can tell you from experience you may have false starts there.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: