MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
March 29, 2024, 12:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Psyching myself up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Psyching myself up  (Read 3068 times)
Em

« on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »

This weekend is set to my busiest ever and I am trying to remain calm in my preparations.

Exactly whose brilliant idea it was to book a massive craft fair at a local Estate house on Friday, followed by TWO events on Saturday, overlapping by a few hours while also having to have someone man the shop I do not know... Ok, it was me....  whistle

So Dad and I are going to fair on Friday while hubby looks after shop and Mum makes more product for Sat.
On Sat me, Mum and Dad go to first event in morning while hubby minds shop again. Then at lunch we split into two groups and they go on to the next event to set up and I'll join them later. Phew.

And of course we need enough blimmin stock to be in 3 place at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doh!

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Littleswift
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »

I feel your pain. I've got a fair in Islington on Saturday that I'm doing on my own while my OH does the stall in Piccadlly, but I don't know how I am going to get enough stock together for both of us. I am working full time (this was not the plan!!) until Christmas and Saturday week I've got a blimming great xmas fair in brick lane. 

Then I've just got to keep the Piccadilly stall fully stocked at the busiest time of year while working full time.

I just want to crawl under the bed with a bottle of gin until xmas day.  :mwaha:
Em

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:53:23 PM »

I just want to crawl under the bed with a bottle of gin until xmas day.  :mwaha:

Excellnt plan - I'll do that on Sunday!

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »

Good luck to all of you!!

You're lucky to have such a helpful family.
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »

room for a small one?

Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »

Hope all goes well. What a lovely family you have!  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »

Wow that's what I call busy....
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »

Aw....  keep looking ahead to a nice rest over Christmas.  Good luck at your events  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
yomojo
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

Good luck to the both of you and everyone helping too!

And don't drink the gin until the events are over or you may end up giving things away  :mwaha:
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »

WOW! you two are busy

Hope you get on well with all your events :buttrf:
Littleswift
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »

I've had a slight reprieve - for the second time in a month I've had a booking cancelled because someone's NHS treatment has been cancelled. But this time I'm actually relieved! I'll still probably be working on Friday but it looks like I've got tomorrow "off" to get some packing and labelling done.
Em

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »

Oh for more time! I'm taking a couple of hours off now and back to the grindstone to be ready for bright and early tomorrow. Let the madness begin!

sidewalk

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »

Lots of luck, you will do very well!! Have fun!
Em

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »

Today was really good and we sold out of some stuff. I've been spending all evening making more and now I'm onto good old label printing!

Lookng forward to my gin on Sunday!

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

That's great you had such a good day - bet you're really pleased (pity it means you have to work more to top up your stock though)

Lookng forward to my gin on Sunday
  enjoy it :buttrf:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: