MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
January 19, 2021, 02:45:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Getting ready...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Getting ready...  (Read 2635 times)
Andy
Hero+ Member

« on: November 30, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »

I haven't done a house party in ages (since broken foot), and have one this Thurs.  It'll be a nice gathering of stylist, nail technician, card maker and more.

And some of you know how I've never been fond of markets, but agreed to one coming up this Sat.

So, I'm all set and prepared, here is a little melange of what I'll have on for sale. I've been working flat out (as some of my products will be stocked from next week onwards in a spa with two branches in London), so apologies for not being around much!

Thanks for looking! 

* IMG_0085.JPG (83.03 KB, 551x640 - viewed 373 times.)

* IMG_0085.JPG_thumb (30.42 KB, 129x150 - viewed 188 times.)
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »

Lovely selection of goods, Andy. Nice attractive understated presentation too. Me likes! Smiley

Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »

Andy, your products look lovely, I'm sure everyone will want to buy them.  I love those tall bottles

A house party sounds good, they've not really taken off up here yet - not sure why that is.  I know they're fairly big on mainland Europe and picking up momentum down south, so they may start to trickle in up here - sound like a much better use of time than carft fairs.

Craft fairs I definitely try to avoid, though we had one last weekend and have another one on saturday - kind of unavoidable really.

Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »

Before anyone asks...

3 bottles on left are for the hand serums some of you tested.  I've tweaked the recipe a bit, and went for the myrrh blend.

3 diff balms on the right: one with mica, one without and a 'general' balm that can also be used on lips; all unscented (no EOs; but 2 lip balms have cocoa butter so smell of that).

The perfumed butter is may chang, frangipani and jasmine - I think the best blend I've ever made, absolutely love it, but it is overpowering.

Bath oils in green bottles at the back, and my 'boring' soap (castile with OO, no scent).
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »

Thanks, Eire!

Denice - I only agreed to this one because it's inside a massive pub, so I'll be warm. Also, it's very close to home, and in a very quaint area, first ever market they've done there was 2 months ago and now they're doing this one. Table was very cheap for West London price tags! (£15, when usually is £150!!!). We'll see...

House parties are interesting, but usually 'invitation only'. I was surprised with this one being announced openly on FB, with address and everything! I hope we're not ramsacked!!!  :mwaha:
yomojo
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »

You'll do well Andy – fab products. I don't blame you for avoiding fairs – the two I've done so far do not make me want to do lots next year  Grin
Eva
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »

Nice products. I hope you do very well.  :buttrf:

Relief for asthma, headache and allergies
Herbalator
nikkir

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »

Everything looks lovely I'm sure you will do very well x
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »

Thanks everyone!

I'll report back later...  Cheesy
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »

Gorgeous products, Andy, lovely labels and packaging - no need to wish you luck, they will sell themselves.
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »

Good luck.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Em

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »

They look fantastic. Well done on the spa, that's amazing!

Hope you have a great time at the house party and market and sell loads!

www.worldtreetherapies.co.uk
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »

Andy that looks wonderful!  I am so in love with those glass bottles.....
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »

Looking good.
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 08:26:26 PM »

What a lovely collection.  Oh I do hope you do well with this.  The bestest of luck Andy  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: