MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  My First Fair [pics]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: My First Fair [pics]  (Read 3655 times)
LQT

« on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »

Okay this is a little scary  :mwaha: I had my first fair yesterday, I purposley choose a small farmers market for my first fair so I could "learn the ropes"... It was outside and I froze my little butt of! Overall it was ok I made my stand money back and a little on top.

Unfortunatley I coudn't sell my emulsified creams or my cupcake bath bombs, but I hoping for my next fair on Dec 10th I'll have my saftey assessment for my cupcakes bath bombs.

Next year I'm going to work more on my packaging, its just okay for now (I think?)..My got a little sissor happy with my lip balms and ruined the labels  Sad all my labels were made using word.

Okay for the pics (this is the first time Ive shown my face on this forum.. and what do I do? Choose the cheesy-ist picture ever :mwaha:)

Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »

Well done on taking the plunge.

I think all of us take time to find the style of labels we want. I know that I keep playing with them, hopefully improving them each time.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »

First of all.... Hellooooooooo pretty lady  :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:  Well done for taking that plunge  Smiley  You look all Christmassy  :buttrf:

What a lovely range of products.  I am so pleased you were able to make at least a small profit.  Your products look lovely, really nice presentation and labels.  I have to say, those lip balm tins look wonderful!  You had to have sold a good number of those - fabulously presented.

Here's to a massive sucess at the next one LQT  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
LQT

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

Well done on taking the plunge.

I think all of us take time to find the style of labels we want. I know that I keep playing with them, hopefully improving them each time.

Thank you!! I know some of you work a full time job as I do... and I take my hats of to you..its totally exhausting!! I hope I can sustain doing my full time job and also this to as I did have a great time.

I'm considering getting proffesional labels as they are so time consuimg to make!
LQT

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »

First of all.... Hellooooooooo pretty lady  :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf: :buttrf:  Well done for taking that plunge  Smiley  You look all Christmassy  :buttrf:

What a lovely range of products.  I am so pleased you were able to make at least a small profit.  Your products look lovely, really nice presentation and labels.  I have to say, those lip balm tins look wonderful!  You had to have sold a good number of those - fabulously presented.

Here's to a massive sucess at the next one LQT  :buttrf: :buttrf:

:mwaha: awww thank you Helen!!! Yes I was the only christmassy stand at first I was a little worried but it seemed to actually attract people with one lady buying a couple of my massage bars saying there perfect for christmas stocking!

I sold 4 lip balms so I was pleased, My fair on Dec 10th is a vintage and craft fair so I'm planning on making some body butters and labelling them in the same vintagy style in an attempt to get more sales.

Thanks again for the nice comments :buttrf:
Andy
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

Well done! It looks bloody freezing, I'd have gone home!
LQT

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

Well done! It looks bloody freezing, I'd have gone home!

:mwaha: It was, it took around 3 hours for me to get any feeling back into my toes... they were like ice blocks! But I thouht, if other people at the market can do it so can I.

I'm glad I done it but doubt I'll be doing another ourdoor market in the winter anytime soon. Lesson learnt :mwaha:
abijay

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »

Very well present stall. Wishing you all the best  at the next fair.

The search for truth is not for the faint-hearted.
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »

A big well done on your 1st fair - always a nervous time and your stall looks very nice.

I empathise with you being cold - my outdoor one is next Sunday and i will be a LOT less glamourous than you - I've done this event twice before and it;s comfort before fashion - tights, jeans, vest. polo neck, jumper, big coat and my big muckle walking gloves. And I'm always STILL freezing for hours when i get home.

Glad you have a great time
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »

Aww that is a lovely photo Grin congrats on your first fair, glad it wasn't pants! Your table looks lovely  :buttrf:

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
LQT

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »

Very well present stall. Wishing you all the best  at the next fair.

Thank you very much indeed!! Grin
retropants
Hero+ Member

pant-tastic

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »

well done on your first fair! I agree, your products look lovely, and very beautifully presented!

A tip for cold feet....take an old scrap of carpet to stand on, makes a huge difference! Smiley

LQT

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »

A big well done on your 1st fair - always a nervous time and your stall looks very nice.

I empathise with you being cold - my outdoor one is next Sunday and i will be a LOT less glamourous than you - I've done this event twice before and it;s comfort before fashion - tights, jeans, vest. polo neck, jumper, big coat and my big muckle walking gloves. And I'm always STILL freezing for hours when i get home.

Glad you have a great time

Thanks a lot Polly. Yeah I was nervous at first didn't know what to expect but my mom tagged along for my first fair so it wasn't to bad.

oh gosh, I totally feel for you .. I agree with comfort before fashion .. If I had my time again I would literally wear 10 layers and even a balaclava :mwaha: ... yes a balaclava!! :mwaha:
LQT

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »

Aww that is a lovely photo Grin congrats on your first fair, glad it wasn't pants! Your table looks lovely  :buttrf:

your comments mean so much to me!! I strive to have beauiiful stands like you guys so thank you all Grin, I was a bit worried about posting my pics of my stand at first Tongue
LQT

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:30 PM »

well done on your first fair! I agree, your products look lovely, and very beautifully presented!

A tip for cold feet....take an old scrap of carpet to stand on, makes a huge difference! Smiley

Thank you very much!!  Grin

WOW that IS an amazing tip!!! Will deffo come in handy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: