MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
April 19, 2024, 05:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326900 Posts in 22256 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Kiosk this weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Kiosk this weekend  (Read 3043 times)
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:44 PM »

Back into the mall this weekend.  I'm hoping by only being in there once a month will increase my sales.  It is just so slow this time of year here.  Supposed to rain tomorrow so that might encourage people to come shopping :mwaha:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »

Ooh good luck.  Try and snap a few pics won't you  Grin :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Denice
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »

Hope you get lots of sales Lindy :buttrf:
Littleswift
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

Yeah, best of luck.  :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »

Thank you - I will get some photo's.  I chose to use the kiosk instead of tables this weekend.  Easier to set-up and tear down as well as close up for the night......
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »

Good luck, Lindy. And yes, we want pics!!! Cheesy

Eire

EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »

Best of luck Lindy!
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 02:29:16 AM »

Thank you Elaine
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »

:buttrf: Loads of luck. Lindy - hope you get masses of sales!  :buttrf:

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
yomojo
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »

Good luck and hope there is lots of sunshine  Grin
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »

Lots of luck Lindy  :buttrf:
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 05:19:56 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Good first day and we have a convention in town so the mall is expecting to be busy tomorrow.

yomojo fortunately this is an inside mall because it ran most of the day.....

At the end of the day this couple came by and said "Oh more soap".  Huh??? I am supposed to be the only one in the mall so I asked some more questions.  Turns out the table just down from was selling soap!!!  Hand-made soap!  By now the day is pretty much done so I closed up and went to find out what was going on.  Sure enough there is a table selling soap.  I asked who the soapmaker is and this one lady puts her hand up and says me.  So I asked her if they knew she was selling soap? "Who is they?!?!?" she asks kinda snotty like and I said the mall since they have to approve anything being sold at the tables.  Well I don't know she tells me.  I let her know they would be knowing about it right away.  This is for a roller ball team and they are getting a free table, but the deal I have with the mall since I'm there every month is that there aren't supposed to be any other soapmakers selling there.  So the mall obviously doesn't know and I'll let them know tomorrow....

But other than that - it was a good day.... LOL
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, especially when you are paying for the table.  Did you manage to have a word with them Lindy?

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

Glad you had a good day. but honestly the nerve of some people. She clearly does not care whose toes she treads on.

I did a fair yesterday and there was another soap maker there. I was a little annoyed because there were only about 20 stalls and she was right by the door. She was another of the soap that looks like food sellers, and I was really, really tempted to tell her she was not legal.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 06:45:38 PM »

I talked to mall admin yesterday morning and they went up to them and told them they are only authorized to sell calendars not soap.  I think they did it innocently because they weren't aware of the rules.  It still upset me, but I think my initial reaction was a little petty.  However I still don't think they should be allowed to do it.

I also let the mall know that if she doesn't carry insurance then the mall is liable for her products.

At any rate, my day yesterday was okay but fairly quiet....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: