MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
November 28, 2020, 11:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326836 Posts in 22247 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Candles, Home & Home Fragrancing
| |-+  General Candles & Home Discussion
| | |-+  DP London
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: DP London  (Read 1835 times)
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« on: October 21, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »

now has a limited edition candle range...

I am not putting a clickable link here, so they son't see loads of traffic from here...

http://www.dplondon.com/product/pearl-lowe-for-dp-london

90g candle = £30
3 x 50g candle = £30

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

All candles are made purely from 100% natural wax, containing a sustainable beeswax and EcoSoya ® blend with an organic fragrance and may be used singly or together to create an alluring aroma. Unlike many candles, DP London is proud to declare that this range contains no palm oil; a product that contributes to deforestation in Indonesia, Malaysia and South America due to its vast plantations. They also contain no paraffin; the mining of which is unsustainable.

Paraffin is mined?? I thought it was made from oil/petrol and is a by-product that would be thrown away if not used in candles?

The other thing that got me was this:

Caring for your organic candle:
Before relighting your luxury candle, trim the wick to a ¼-inch length. By shortening the wick you will allow it to burn more slowly and prolong its life.

ummm, if I spend THAT much on a candle I expect the wick to be trimmed already and preferably come with a free slave who will light and extinguish my candle for me!!  :mwaha:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »

I have heard of a jam butty mine but not one for paraffin. And yes, at that price I definately think a slave is in order.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »

And the lid is an additional cost. :mwaha:

Janie-aka-Selkie
Hero. Member
Hero+ Member

I'm a little teapot

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »

ummm, if I spend THAT much on a candle I expect the wick to be trimmed already and preferably come with a free slave who will light and extinguish my candle for me!!  :mwaha:

:mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning......
sidewalk

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »

:mwaha: That is funny.

I am sure this company used to be called Davina Peace London and the owner/founder was taken ill. Maybe that is why they changed the name. I hope she gets better soon. In the meantime, I hope there is a market for their candles and they smell fab.
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »

ah...now I understand - Davina Peace....she used to work at Saatchi....

Sad to hear though that she isn't well. I might make fun of it sometimes and shake my head when goods are ridiculously expensive, but if she can get her customers to pay it, well done and I don't begrudge it.

Hope she gets better soon....

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
sidewalk

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »

Your right mp, I also look a bit open mouthed at some of the price charged by some companies and then I smile and think well if they can get it, so can we all :mwaha: :buttrf:

Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »

Your right mp, I also look a bit open mouthed at some of the price charged by some companies and then I smile and think well if they can get it, so can we all :mwaha: :buttrf:

THIS ^
Littleswift
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »

It p*ss*s me off when people spread misinformation about palm oil to further their own interests.

Palm oil only contributes to deforestation in SE Asia if it COMES from SE Asia. F***wits.   Angry Angry Angry Angry

ETA In fact that irritated me so much I went on Twitter to have my say. Their Twitter name is @dplondonbeauty.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:31:53 AM by Littleswift » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: