MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
February 27, 2021, 01:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326838 Posts in 22248 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Craft fair tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Craft fair tomorrow  (Read 2875 times)
Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »

tumbleweed

Grin

Actually it was better than I expected, because I thought NOBODY would come!  :mwaha:

Did a bit of networking, booked a christmas fair, didn't punch the woman who looked at every product on my table then told me she didn't like 'smelly soap' (honestly are these people on some kind of day release programme)  :mwaha:

but my favourite was the very middle-class looking very english bloke who arrived at my stall

told me he was a 'soap junkie'

Shocked

chose a very pink soap scented with a imo very girly smell

and paid with a note peeled from a very fat wallet

and told me he was going to enjoy using it very much ............ Huh?

That whole post made me  :mwaha: Grin

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Iulia
Hero+ Member

I'm on the right!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »

Bathing with a partner??

Probably with something - wouldn't like to guess what ...................

We long to soar like eagles, forgetting that sparrows, too, can fly ...
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »

Great result!!!   Grin :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
LQT

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »

Congrats on your first fair! I can't wait till my first fair! Glad to hear you made some sales. Did you take any pictures of your stand?
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

didn't punch the woman who looked at every product on my table then told me she didn't like 'smelly soap' (honestly are these people on some kind of day release programme)  :mwaha:

Oh, I had this one (or her sister) at one of my fairs.......actually, I think there is a group of them, sent off every weekend in different directions by some Evil Soapmaking Mastermind who is determined to demoralise the competition :mwaha:

Glad it wasn't too bad - it really was incredibly warm yesterday - and that you did get something out of the day.

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
PurplePrincess

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »

Glad it was better than expected Iulia. The more fairs you do the more you will come across these day release folk, & the ones who can't use soap...not even Dove....hmm can't think why!

The best ones are those like your gentleman with the girly soap, I had a couple of gentlemen, from London, recently who bought several months worth of various soaps. They were visiting one of their mothers who lives up here in Forres & had given them a bar of my soap as a gift. They had come into town to go to the shop she'd bought it in to buy more but stopped at the farmers market on the way & found me there. They confessed to be soap junkies too.  Makes you feel really good when you get customers like that.

Sally x

ETA those folk who pick up things but never buy are known as the PPP's....pick it up, put it down & p*** off!  :mwaha:

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
madpiano
Hero+ Member

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »

Glad to hear that some people stayed around to buy some things from you. I had that gentleman's brother as a customer at my last fair. He bought nothing but florals and all for himself....

Maybe all men really like the girly smells, but they are normally too shy to say so?  :mwaha:

www.bubble-works.com
blog: http://mad-piano.blogspot.com/
Vanilla
Hero+ Member

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »

Glad it went alright Iulia.

Maybe all men really like the girly smells, but they are normally too shy to say so?  :mwaha:

Funnily enough, I made a patch, cedar & amyris soap earlier in the year with men in mind, but it was all women that bought it!!  Maybe we've got it all the wrong way round with fragrances... :mwaha:
normasbathandbody
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »

Oooh.. have fun! I got two craft fairs coming up in November and one in december. hapy selling! Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: