MainShopBlogForumHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login
December 09, 2021, 08:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length.
Self-registration is currently disabled. Please contact us directly if you wish to register for this forum
Search

News
Welcome to the Melting Pot Café, a forum dedicated to the cosmeholic who wants to talk bath, body and bubbles.  Our friendly community is growing and with the ideas, inspiration and experience all in one place, how appropriate the name Melting Pot. 

Whether you are just looking for a finished product, new to the craft or have years of experience, you will always be a welcomed new ingredient to our Melting Pot Smiley 

Don't forget to visit our main site where you will find lots of resources, recipes, Fresholi community and supplies!!  (Accessed via the green menu bar above)

Stats
326867 Posts in 22254 Topics by 401 Members
Latest Member: Loopylou
+  Fresholi | Melting Pot Café
|-+  Craft Fairs, Events & Workshops
| |-+  Craft Fairs & Events Notice Board
| | |-+  Lousy Market - but Swings & Roundabouts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Lousy Market - but Swings & Roundabouts  (Read 2434 times)
EJ
Global Mod Award Winner
Hero+ Member

HP Soap is NOT rough and soft!

« on: September 24, 2011, 11:40:13 PM »

Well today's mart at Ruthin was terrible for me, particularly compared with last month; as we've had just the two months up on the square in the middle of town I've no idea which of the two is typical.

Couple of problems today - a big food festival in Mold, just over the "hill" which has been splased all over the press and the internet plus an "Open Doors" day and Ruthin is positively littered with ancient and interesting buildings - so groups of people were determinedly walking from one to the next with just a cursory glance at the stalls (some did OK though).

The upside was that a pair of ladies arrived at my stall and one exclaimed "I'm looking for you!"

She'd chased me round the internet - website, Folksy and FB (where I'd fortunately posted that I'd be at Ruthin Produce Market).

She's in charge of selecting products to sell in the Tourist Info Centres in Llangollen and Mold and wants some of my soaps etc. plus my little felt bowls - so I'm going to see her in Llan on Thursday.

Llangollen gets loads of national and international tourists (International Eisteddfod, Canoeing, Historical/Legend, Steam Railway, Canal, Walkers) - I don't know about Mold although it has quite a bit of history it's not in such a picturesque setting.
Menolly

Obedient women are never remembered in History

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »

Oh, I'm sorry it was a bad market day, but that's excellent news about the Tourist Info Centres, Elaine!

http://www.greenwitchcrafts.co.uk
Lindy
Global Moderator
Hero+ Member

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:33:53 AM »

Sorry about the bad market day but that is wonderful about the tourist centres! :buttrf:
Helen
Founder
Hero+ Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 03:55:09 AM »

Oh pants EJ   Undecided  Sorry it was so rubbishy. 

She'd chased me round the internet - website, Folksy and FB (where I'd fortunately posted that I'd be at Ruthin Produce Market).

It just shows you that it can work.  Good luck with that.  I am sure that will bring some really good things your way  :buttrf: :buttrf:

We rise by lifting others.

Fresholi's Facebook Page
Mrs Green Hearts

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »

well is was still worth going, that really good news, hope it works out x

Sleepingdragon10

Is it bedtime yet?

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

All in all I'd say your day was a success, as all success is relative, and you have a fabulous lead from your time at the market. Excellent stuff :buttrf:

Alphya
Hero+ Member

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »

I agree entirely with what Beth said Smiley

May the flowers we plant today become a Rose garden tomorrow.
http://www.delectablesoap.co.uk
Carmensoap

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »

how exciting!!!  :buttrf:
Suzanne
senior
Hero+ Member

scent-trail.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »

I am sorry you had a bad day. Being chased around the internet is good though and hopefully something will come of that.

The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought - not by the rising and setting of the sun.
                  Henry Ward Beecher
scenttrailblog.wordpress.com/ moonsongdesigns.wordpress.com
PurplePrincess

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »

Shame the market wasn't so good but what a promising meeting with the lady who was looking for you. Hope it goes well when you see her next.

Sally x

Love, light & lather.
www.findhornbaysoaps.co.uk
LQT

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »

Thats fantastic news about the Tourist Center, you know what they say about clouds and silver linings  Grin
polly
Hero+ Member

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

Great news about the tourist centres - that will surely lead to something as she would not have chased you about otherwise. Pity about the fair though.
Eire
Hero+ Member

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »

Shame the day itself wasn't so good, but it could end up being one your most lucrative days in the long run.

Eire

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: